Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at £64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering £10 Argos voucher back on a £50 spend. This makes it effectively £54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon

Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Wow thats great news.:T
    I know how you are feeling as my DSis has been trying for a baby for the last few years and unfortunately had 6 miscarriages. She had numerous tests and they couldnt find anything wrong. She is now 6 months pregnant and all going well so far. I have been passing on the baby bargains posted on here and the other sites. So exciting :)

Morning all :wave:

That is lovely news x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    pepper77 wrote: »
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.

Just think how much exercise and how long you will manage to stretch your tongue! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

For some strange reason I am only able to quote one comment at a time - nothing is getting pulled through

:(:(:(
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone is buying 11+1 mullers and looking for fillers v Sains, it's not easy! However, I found that Nakd bars in 3 flavours: - lemon drizzle, peanut delight and cocoa coconut work out free after APG if you buy all 3 and claim 60% back on on shopmium. If you're not already using the shopmium app you would get something else free as well if you join via a referral link. If you can be bothered searching mine is on the referrers board - Link - but you will likely find other familiar names on there as well. I joined 22-4-16 and I have had loads of free stuff, I really can recommend it.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.

I had a quick look at this - potentially Alcatel Pixi 4 direct from O2 website with Classic PAYG sim - £19.99, no top up required on the SIM at the buying stage, but you could do the Amazon £5/£10 top up offer if the right SIM pack comes through with the phone. The phone is £19.99 but then trade in seems to be higher at CEX or eBay. Refurbished are £9.99 but out of stock :(.

2% Cashback on Q/TCB unless anyone can spot a better option?

S and others may have clearance phones too? The key is Android 4.4 Kitkat or higher operating system for Android Pay to work.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    If you are ordering the 02 free SIM remember to go through Q for £10 Cashback if you top up. You seem to have a 1 in 3 chance of getting either a £10 or £5 Am4zon gift card offer on the pack (with £10 top up) or free Doro Primo (with a £15 top up). You can only claim the offer on your specific pack (I tried claiming £10 Am4zon with £5 offer pack and no joy).

HTH

Anon
  • thry9698
    thry9698 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Sainsburys have the Alcatel Pixi4 for £25 and £18 back at Cex -it says with £10ee credit, I’ve got the sim but don’t think it has £10 on, maybe I’ve misread it but still ok £7 and you get headphones with the phone.
  • Anon
    Options
    thry9698 wrote: »
    Sainsburys have the Alcatel Pixi4 for £25 and £18 back at Cex -it says with £10ee credit, I’ve got the sim but don’t think it has £10 on, maybe I’ve misread it but still ok £7 and you get headphones with the phone.

Did they activate a pack on the SIM?

S have a few phones on clearance but so didn’t notice the prices due to them not having NFC. With additional accounts it could be an opportunity :).

Anon
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options
    was this the xmas trigger used or the banana n eggs one? just wondering if the xmas one is still available in stores.

Xmas trigger:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport