I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just received my dyson fan from qvc. 11.00 on the dot .
    I need to go out and do some food shopping . The rain is hammering down.
    Waiting for it to stop

i keep looking at the dyson fans but they are not cheap and I can't justify it. (please tell me you didn't buy the £500 one )

one thing I'll say for you AC - you have expensive tastes ;)
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,895
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can't believe half a year has gone by since you moved!
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • anna_1977 wrote: »
    i keep looking at the dyson fans but they are not cheap and I can't justify it. (please tell me you didn't buy the £500 one )

one thing I'll say for you AC - you have expensive tastes ;)

Hello Anna :)

No, I got the cheaper model. Reduced by £100. , so it had to be got :)
    It's amazing really.. this time last year, I was counting up 20p pieces and bagging them up for use in cafe Nero when I was working.
    Good thing about that was I got a free coffee every 2 weeks or so.
    I was selling belongings like tour programmes from all the gigs I've been to over the years. Sold my most expensive bass guitar etc.
    Nice to be able to get one or two things now and again.
    Once I move into my new place with wardrobes etc. The,spending will stop:)
  • Can't believe half a year has gone by since you moved!

Neither can I tbh Mrs. P :)
    All good stuff
  • candy222
    candy222 Posts: 406
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello Anna :)

No, I got the cheaper model. Reduced by £100. , so it had to be got :)
    It's amazing really.. this time last year, I was counting up 20p pieces and bagging them up for use in cafe Nero when I was working.
    Good thing about that was I got a free coffee every 2 weeks or so.
    I was selling belongings like tour programmes from all the gigs I've been to over the years. Sold my most expensive bass guitar etc.
    Nice to be able to get one or two things now and again.
    Once I move into my new place with wardrobes etc. The,spending will stop:)

Sorry if this sounds harsh,but i think you will only stop spending when all your money has gone.I know it is up to you what you do with your money and this comment does come from a good place but you dont have a job at the moment and you have bought a Dyson fan ,why.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    candy222 wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds harsh,but i think you will only stop spending when all your money has gone.I know it is up to you what you do with your money and this comment does come from a good place but you dont have a job at the moment and you have bought a Dyson fan ,why.

Hello candy
    Thanks for the concern . It does look like I'm spending a lot .
    The reason that is , is because I'm buying essential stuff for my flat .
    I've held off on one or two things that would have been extravagant .

I've still got the full amount to pay payplan ,and I've spent hundreds rather than thousands over the last few months . Why a dyson?:
    I haven't the room in my small flat for a big fan. I used to have ceiling fans in my previous property. My new home is a sun trap,so to speak.
    Not the greatest ventilation .
    In a couple of weeks I'm moved in, debt will be paid and I have to budget etc
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hello candy

I've still got the full amount to pay payplan ,and I've spent hundreds rather than thousands over the last few months . Why a dyson?:
    I haven't the room in my small flat for a big fan. I used to have ceiling fans in my previous property. My new home is a sun trap,so to speak.

I'm with Candy AC. You were going to start eating healthily once you gave up work. Then it was when you moved. Then when you moved into a six month let. Recently you've said it will be when you're in your own place. You need to start NOW with making a budget and sticking to it, stop spending money on wants, not needs (a Dyson fan is not a need, with a typical British summer it may not get much use!) and eating healthily. Joining a gym can wait until you have more energy, but how much energy have you expended on shopping ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • candy222
    candy222 Posts: 406
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello candy

As already said it is up to you what you do with your money,but i dont see a Dyson fan being an essential,you could buy a much cheaper fan.it would just be such a shame if you end up in the same financial situation you had when you lived in London thats all,
  • another_casualty
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I'm with Candy AC. You were going to start eating healthily once you gave up work. Then it was when you moved. Then when you moved into a six month let. Recently you've said it will be when you're in your own place. You need to start NOW with making a budget and sticking to it, stop spending money on wants, not needs (a Dyson fan is not a need, with a typical British summer it may not get much use!) and eating healthily. Joining a gym can wait until you have more energy, but how much energy have you expended on shopping ;).

I hear you gally :)
    Most of the spending is over. I've cut back on a lot of junk I've been eating . Gym will be in June . I've decided not to have a new kitchen fitted for example . I've been constantly thinking of when I move into my new home . The whole flat is almost completely decorated.
    This saves spending anything else on it for many years .
    Once settled , the novelty of everything will have worn off and I will eventually lose weight ...and get a job of some sort.
    I'm doing things in stages. The health issue has stopped me in a few ways in the 6 months I've been here so far. I didn't think I'd get the flat so quickly tbh. Reality is beginning to hit me tbh.
    Next week for example, all my stuff is out of storage and I will be out of this. Nice flat . I am well aware what could happen .
  • another_casualty
    Forumite
    Just been over to the flat . I think another 2 days ( max) should sort everything out and everything should be ready for Monday when carpet is fitted.
    Just received paraphernalia from insignia blinds .
    There are 8 blinds to be fitted . Downside is it doesn't look like they will be fitted until esrly June . Just as well the curtains havent been taken down .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure