Rolex watch purchase problem

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I am minded to agree ... per their own T&Cs it seems a contract has been formed.
  • rigsby1208
    Options
    They have left themselves quite wide open to a loss of bargin claim I guess?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Where did you find the T&Cs on their site?
  • DoaM
    Options
    https://www.brownsfamilyjewellers.co.uk/terms-conditions-i7

You need to look at the Site Map link to find it.
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In regards to what to suggest - I would send them a letter before action advising them of their terms of service indicating a contract has been formed - that you have given them ample time to account for temporary supplier issues and that you wish to have the watch delivered to you else you will be pursuing breach of contract through the small claims court (interesting point how much was the watch was it < £10k)
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it just me/my settings or are those T&C's a pain in the behind to read? Especially the S's?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it just me/my settings or are those T&C's a pain in the behind to read? Especially the S's?

Looks OK to me (on Firefox), and the S's are no more difficult to read than any other letter.
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I see what you are saying the font is not the best choice for the website - it's readable but you do have to strain.
  • DoaM
    Options

Contrast is not great ... text is too pale for the white background. The font size exacerbates this issue.
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    which rolex did you order?
    my local goldsmiths has the full range in store, no ordering from Switzerland involved and they are the real deal.

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/
  • rigsby1208
    Options
    The watch was a Milgauss with the black face and green glass.
    I guess it depends if your jeweler can get anywhere near the price I paid for mine, given the exchange rate chaos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure