IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBCC Help!!

jk2909
jk2909 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 13 October 2016 at 4:38PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I park/parked frequently in a car park behind my work that isn't connected to our building for numerous weeks, receiving countless window tickets from UKPCM.. After always throwing them away in the past from other companies I did the same with these ones. I didn't bat an eyelid at the post received by the company nor the debt collection letters. I have now have just received a Letter before Court from Gladstones with the usual blah blah.. 14 days.. Blah blah.. BUT here's the thing... This only is for something like (120) my guess being that is only for one ticket.. I guess I might have more coming?

I have looked through all the forums.. especially the Daisy letter. I'm not a don when it comes to law and court and so on, so bare with me!

Can you help me with my options?

I'd appreciate the help so much!

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hi and welcome to the forum ....

stop ignoring PPC tickets!

have you read the newbies thread ....... especially the link to 'bargepole's guide ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph:cool:
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The daisy letter DOES NOT WORK.
    Use your time to build a defence.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Thanks Ralph-y and Marktheshark,

I know I've gotta stop that, I park in sensible place now! I have had a quick read, But I'm getting confused by all the long threads, I cant seem to find the 'bardgepoles' guide your talking about either. I'm worried that because I have multiple tickets from various dates they will try all of them, I need a fix to get out of all of them in one go. I haven't responded at all to any i've ever had from the first post till this claim.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=61084955

read and ask if you need further guidance / help

Ralph:cool:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    jk2909 wrote: »
    Thanks Ralph-y and Marktheshark,

I know I've gotta stop that, I park in sensible place now! I have had a quick read, But I'm getting confused by all the long threads, I cant seem to find the 'bardgepoles' guide your talking about either. I'm worried that because I have multiple tickets from various dates they will try all of them, I need a fix to get out of all of them in one go. I haven't responded at all to any i've ever had from the first post till this claim.

There's no 'quick fixes' here. The only quick fix is a cheque. You're going to have to put in the graft to firstly understand what you are dealing with, and then try to learn how to handle it.

If you've got a stack of tickets, this LBCCC/LBA might just be a tracer. Gladstones are more than happy to Gung-Ho issue claims with minimum detail and let the recipient have to handle all the shrapnel that explodes from them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    jk2909 wrote: »
    I park/parked frequently in a car park behind my work that isn't connected to our building for numerous weeks, receiving countless window tickets from UKPCM.. After always throwing them away in the past from other companies I did the same with these ones. I didn't bat an eyelid at the post received by the company nor the debt collection letters. I have now have just received a Letter before Court from Gladstones with the usual blah blah.. 14 days.. Blah blah.. BUT here's the thing... This only is for something like (120) my guess being that is only for one ticket.. I guess I might have more coming?

I have looked through all the forums.. especially the Daisy letter. I'm not a don when it comes to law and court and so on, so bare with me!
    Search the forum for 'Gladstones LBCCC' and 'Gladstones defence' and read plenty of other threads exactly like yours. You will learn so much more that way and will find responses.

Expect court papers anyway but take comfort from the fact we've helped loads of people defend Gladstones claims on here this year and I cannot recall a single one that proceeded to a hearing. They seemed to disappear back under their stone.

Also search 'Gladstones Bungle Parking Prankster' on Google.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cheers Guys. I appreciate the support. I speak for everyone looking for help on this topic! Ill keep this updated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure