Help? At my wits end

124»

Comments

• Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    I would try and let things settle down though after resolving your position as you may need a reference.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hec2308 wrote: »
    I think it is time for me to go. I think I would like a fresh start away from this client stuff, there are also some other issues that I have briefly touched on in previous posts that have contributed to a feeling of not really being comfortable with staying for much longer.

I can certainly sympathise with that, and wish you all the best. I don't know where you are, but I do know that good PAs in London are thin on the ground and much sought after.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Apologies, I've only reiterated that fact as I believe a couple of different people on here have told me that I'm fragile and need some sort of therapy because of it, which isn't the case. I won't mention it again :)

Maybe I'm totally in the wrong then. I thought I was doing the right thing by being honest, I just didn't expect to get caught in this sort of trap-like situation here where I've become enemy number one in the office and am being regarded with utmost suspicion. It just feels like whatever choice I make here it will be wrong. Maybe it's one of those cases of "you have to be here" to feel it, maybe it's all in my head. Who knows.

I just came on here as I wondered if anyone had ever been in a similar position and had any suggestions as to how I should handle myself and what I should do. I definitely just want a clean slate now and I wish that this situation hadn't been taken so personally by the bosses. I'm not trying to hinder what they do. I find it easiest to remove myself from the equation if I am the problem.

Thank you for the responses.

Of course, it is hard to know what you are going through ;) You are young and you have some experience in your hands. You come across articulate and confident so I'm sure you will be able to find something soon, far from all this complicated situation! :)
    ally.
  • hec2308
    hec2308 Posts: 71 Forumite
    ThemeOne wrote: »
    I can certainly sympathise with that, and wish you all the best. I don't know where you are, but I do know that good PAs in London are thin on the ground and much sought after.

Thank you very much. I'm in Hampshire, so whilst I don't relish the idea of that commute I certainly would not rule it out at this stage!
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I definitely would not be happy taking extra money and responsibility knowing that I may leave soon.

Equally you may not. In future self interest comes first.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport