Flow MSM & MSE Exclusive Fixed March 2018 Ending

Comments

• King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2018 at 12:06AM
    frankie wrote: »
    This is correct.

The message you got from Flow explains that it is an existing customer offer only.

I did some calcs and it works out about an extra £47 per year based on my consumption.

Your annual consumption can be found on your statement so you can easily work out your new costs.
    Slightly annoying as if we stay on it then the MSE CEC comparisons will not be accurate going forward.

Doing my own calculations suggest it will be £58 more per year.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Slightly annoying as if we stay on it then the MSE CEC comparisons will not be accurate going forward.
    Hi King of Fools

Just to let you know we have asked Flow to provide us with the tariff details so you can at least update your account with us to show this tariff if you go for it. Unfortunately as yet it hasn't sent the info across - we need it for all 14 regions, so can't just take your quote. But hopefully we'll get it eventually.
  • MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi King of Fools

Just to let you know we have asked Flow to provide us with the tariff details so you can at least update your account with us to show this tariff if you go for it. Unfortunately as yet it hasn't sent the info across - we need it for all 14 regions, so can't just take your quote. But hopefully we'll get it eventually.
    Thanks Dan, that would be very helpful.

Another idea would be to add an advanced option to let the user enter their own unit rates, standing charge etc. at their own risk.
  • frankie wrote: »
    This is correct.
    The message you got from Flow explains that it is an existing customer offer only.
    I did some calcs and it works out about an extra £47 per year based on my consumption.
    Your annual consumption can be found on your statement so you can easily work out your new costs.
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    An aprox £60 pa increase for me on this tariff . But no exit fees .
    mike33 wrote: »
    Got an email also about going on the Exclusive Flow Daffodil 2019 from the Flow MSM & MSE Exclusive Fixed March 2018 at approx £26 pa increase and no exit fees,very tempting.
    As per several comments above, switching to the Daffodil plan is an increase for me too - by about £65 per year.
    Because of Flow's good customer service and decent web portal, it's a small price to pay so I'm leaning towards staying with them.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Robin9 wrote: »
    I always thought the Standard tariff at the end of a fix was a bad move by the suppliers, in that the customer was tempted to look elsewhere. Why not having got a customer try to keep them !

The way it seems to play out is that most people stick with their supplier and just pay the extra money, while the people who are prepared to switch will jump on whatever loss leader/cashback deal is the best at the time. Offering a good deal won't keep the later from switching and will mean they make less money from the former.

Increasing broadband prices for customers in their tie in period makes no sense either, but they do it because people generally stay.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    BritAxeMan wrote: »
    As per several comments above, switching to the Daffodil plan is an increase for me too - by about £65 per year.
    Because of Flow's good customer service and decent web portal, it's a small price to pay so I'm leaning towards staying with them.

I wouldn't say I'm pleased with Flow's customer service, nor their billing and customer reading system, It's just more convienient for me at the moment not to look at switching till later into Spring.
  • frankie
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi King of Fools

Has this been sorted yet??? Not long left to get the new dat in.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I wouldn't say I'm pleased with Flow's customer service, nor their billing and customer reading system, It's just more convienient for me at the moment not to look at switching till later into Spring.

Ditto, although the new web portal is a massive improvement on the previous one
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • ebc
    ebc Posts: 156 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has this been sorted yet??? Not long left to get the new dat in.

I am on the Flow Fixed May 2018 scheme and have just received a quote for the new Flow Iris Fixed May 2019 scheme. When I log in to CEC it shows the Flow Iris rates under what-youll-pay-after-your-tariff-ends at the top of the comparison page. It has my area unit rates as per the Flow quote.
    So looks as though CEC is correct for Flow Iris at least.
  • frankie
    But the Daffodil is for existing MSE March 31st customers only and its tariff is not available on pcws.

However, there is a need to have it on CEC for those people who went with the March 31 tariff to be able to make a valid comparision.

Any one able to contact CEC or explain how to, to get this done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport