Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Hello Malc

Thanks for following this up. I sent an email to the MSE address suggested, pointed to this thread and gave a brief summary of the issue. I emphasised the seriousness of the matter, asked them to confirm they are looking into it and offered to provide further details.

I'll keep the thread updated with any information I receive.

Cheers

Ostap
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ostapm wrote: »
    Hello Malc

Thanks for following this up. I sent an email to the MSE address suggested, pointed to this thread and gave a brief summary of the issue. I emphasised the seriousness of the matter, asked them to confirm they are looking into it and offered to provide further details.

Cheers

Ostap

Many thanks Ostap. I've contacted MSE too and they've replied to let me know they're on the case.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ostapm wrote: »
    Hello Malc

Cheers

Ostap

Hi Ostapm,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had these issues with your switch. I can see that you've sent us an email about this.

We are on it and will email you with an update, hopefully on Monday, if not early next week.

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
  • Closing account of £141 refunded within allotted timescale.
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    I have a couple of months left to go on my 1 year fix contract for electricity. Having moved to EON from IRESSA (who are the worst business I have EVER dealt with), everything has been fine. I can input meter readings whenever I want. I get a statement every 3 months and my payments went from £26 to £11 each month. I asked them put them up to £23 and a couple of months later the review is saying £11 again. I have asked them to make it £20 instead. I just want to leave them with no debt balance. Never called them but used live chat once and enquiry was dealt with. So, really I have nothing bad to say about EON. If the price you are quoted from them suits, then my experience says, sign up and you should have no probs.
  • PLYSU wrote: »
    I have a couple of months left to go on my 1 year fix contract for electricity. Having moved to EON from IRESSA (who are the worst business I have EVER dealt with), everything has been fine. I can input meter readings whenever I want. I get a statement every 3 months and my payments went from £26 to £11 each month. I asked them put them up to £23 and a couple of months later the review is saying £11 again. I have asked them to make it £20 instead. I just want to leave them with no debt balance. Never called them but used live chat once and enquiry was dealt with. So, really I have nothing bad to say about EON. If the price you are quoted from them suits, then my experience says, sign up and you should have no probs.

Morning PLYSU and glad we've been looking after you.

Just a quick heads up on your monthly payments. Provided you've registered with our website, you can take more control of your payments using our online tool, the Direct Debit Manager. Comes in handy should circumstances change.

If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit by the annual review if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There's more about this tool on our website.

Hope this is of interest PLYSU.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • We've just renewed with Eon through Cheap Energy Club, our last contract was due to finish on March 5th, our new one is to start on February 8th, why we don't know. Also the Direct Debit was quoted as £50 per month, Eon have set it up for £68 per month. From our last 12 months bills with Eon our usage works out at around £45 per month, why the difference from the quote on Cheap Energy Club. We also have Smart meters installed by Eon, they are a waste of time as they charge extra through the Standing Charge if you want to pay by variable Direct Debit for the energy you use.
  • Steve441 wrote: »
    We've just renewed with Eon through Cheap Energy Club, our last contract was due to finish on March 5th, our new one is to start on February 8th, why we don't know. Also the Direct Debit was quoted as £50 per month, Eon have set it up for £68 per month. From our last 12 months bills with Eon our usage works out at around £45 per month, why the difference from the quote on Cheap Energy Club. We also have Smart meters installed by Eon, they are a waste of time as they charge extra through the Standing Charge if you want to pay by variable Direct Debit for the energy you use.

Morning Steve441 and welcome to the Forums.

When we receive tariff changes from a Price Comparison Site, we put them through based on the information we're given at the time. If you applied to switch tariffs on 8 February 18, this is the date your new deal will have started. We do let customers forward switch by up to 52 days in the future but this service is only available if switching tariff through our website.

It's the same with quotes. The Cheap Energy Club will have quoted using the information they have at the time.

Our Monthly Direct Debits are based on current prices and past usage. If you've been with us for at least 12 months and given us regular meter readings, we'll have a good picture of past usage. We'll use this, along with adjustments for seasonal variations, to set the monthly amount. Any debit or credit balances on the account will also be taken into consideration. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual payment review.

We do understand circumstances change and have an online tool to give you more control over your payments. Provided you've registered with our website, you can use the Direct Debit Manager to change the payments to better suit different circumstances. If the account is billed up to the latest meter readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we think the account will be in credit/debit by the annual review if the payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected. There's more about this tool on our website.

Differences in our Daily Standing Charges aren't connected to the type of meter at a property. They're linked to the way bills are paid. Customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit have lower daily charges than those paying by any other method. This is the same whether the meters are smart or traditional.

Hope this explains Steve441. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
  • That explains why our switch went ahead before our present contract expired, but why can't Eon deal with customers wanting to use Smart meters paying only for the energy used without punishing them by using a higher Standing charge, British Gas managed this. As for using the tool on the Eon website, after being with Eon for 12 months they have got a record of our previous usage which would put our Direct Debit lower than the £68 per month that it is set to be when our new contract comes into effect. We understood the Government wanted Smart meters installed so customers didn't pay excessive amounts and have a large surplus in the energy company's coffers at the 12 month end of contract.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2018 at 11:33AM
    Steve441 wrote: »
    That explains why our switch went ahead before our present contract expired, but why can't Eon deal with customers wanting to use Smart meters paying only for the energy used without punishing them by using a higher Standing charge, British Gas managed this. As for using the tool on the Eon website, after being with Eon for 12 months they have got a record of our previous usage which would put our Direct Debit lower than the £68 per month that it is set to be when our new contract comes into effect. We understood the Government wanted Smart meters installed so customers didn't pay excessive amounts and have a large surplus in the energy company's coffers at the 12 month end of contract.

Hello Steve441 and I agree, building up large credit and debit balances when they're not needed is not a good thing. That's why all our payment arrangements aim to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the time of the annual review.

We do have Smart Pay As You Go meters where customers can pay only for the energy used. As you say, prices here aren't as competitive as some of our other tariffs.

It costs us less to manage accounts where payments are made with a Monthly Direct Debit than it does for those paid by other methods. We're able to pass these savings on as lower daily standing charges.

Hope this is of interest Steve441.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback