IDEA - MLM without the MLM

This is an idea that came to me when reading the thread on Kleneze v. Betterware here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=595423

It strikes me that there is enough critical mass here to be able to start a perfectly viable part time catalogue selling business as a cooperative, sharing costs of printing catalogues, sourcing products and distributing them. This could be something quite similar in effect to the companies mentioned, but without the overhead costs of maintaining a network. So the products offered could be lower in price for higher margins.

In essence this is how Quidco started - someone getting annoyed with a particular form of something and proposing an alternative method.

Needs some thinking through, but I think it's a decent idea and worth considering.

Comments

• NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Tim_L wrote: »
    It strikes me that there is enough critical mass here to be able to start a perfectly viable part time catalogue selling business as a cooperative, sharing costs of printing catalogues, sourcing products and distributing them.
    Who would organise it? Who would be "treasurer"? Who would be responsible for the administration? Who would be responsible for sourcing products and editing the catalogue?

I am just playing devil's advocate here as the thought could be a good one.

Nigel.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport