Transferring property

Options
13»

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The consideration would be what is being paid - I assume that means £70K and then the loan is secured as a legal charge separately
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i dont quite understand what 'legal charge separately' means, it will be a private loan arrangement
    Nice to save.
  • rabialiones
    Options
    just noticed another form SDLT
    will this need to be sent off as well?
    Nice to save.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i dont quite understand what 'legal charge separately' means, it will be a private loan arrangement

The loan will be secured as a legal charge on the title and be in your favour. As such the monies being secured do not form part of the consideration being referred to in the Transfer

As there is a £70K consideration then you will need to cover off the SDLT angle - have a read of the online guidance from GOV.UK for that
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rabialiones
    Options
    thanks very much LRR for your info.
    from my understanding, does that mean that if its 40000 or less then the sdlt form does not have to be filled in if the rest of the amount will be paid within few years as a loan
    Nice to save.
  • rabialiones
    Options
    As there is a £70K consideration then you will need to cover off the SDLT angle - have a read of the online guidance from GOV.UK for that[/QUOTE]

thanks LRR for your help and advice ,
    i have looked at the online guidance

please explain what you mean by
    'you will need to cover off the SDLT angle '
    thanks
    Nice to save.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    please explain what you mean by
    'you will need to cover off the SDLT angle '
    thanks
    From the page LRR linked to:
    You must still send an SDLT return for transactions under £125,000 unless they’re exempt.
    So I'm guessing that means you need to do a return.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport