Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Comments

• JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,286 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Cat is for me, looks a lot like a cat i had when I was six - i very cleverly called her Greyie!
  • Elle1267
    Elle1267 Posts: 159 Forumite
    NMM - the card was from me. Glad you like it. (also glad it made it through the post)

JCS1 - that cat is lovely. Very lifelike!

Sweetcarer - I had to read your post twice regarding your manager. Who does she think she is? The comment regarding your husband was out of line. No manager should talk to anyone like that.

I've stitched a little this eve. Not as much as I normally would as it's so close to Christmas. Nearly there..........:)
    #19 Save £12K in 2019 challenge. Target = £10,000. Progress = £1136.09/10,000 (11.36%)
    #51 Make £2019 in 2019 challenge. Progress = £29.99/£2019.00 (1.48%)
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Ailsb wrote: »
    Ruth - it's on it's way to me but hasn't arrived yet. As soon as I get it I will send it on.

Sweatcarer - I also think that your manager is out of order and you should speak to someone in HR about it. My late FIL always should to say "don't let the B's get you down" and as I never heard him swear he actually did say B's. :D

JCS1 - the cat is really cute - is it for you, I'm sure you've said but can't remember.

Ah...thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully it'll get to you tomorrow.
    LOL ohhh dear - think Ailsb has cleared the matter up. I knew nothing was just trying to help.

Thanks, Chicky! :)

Been stitching on my 12/12/12 design tonight as time is ticking away. Have misplaced one of the colours, so come to a halt tonight. But my polar bear now has a properly stitched face and a lot of the gaps in the body have been filled in. I'm getting there...
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Hello everyone

I have been so hectic this week - did my first craft fayre tonight, made £101 so it was worth the effort (and I still have some stuff left so looking for another local one)

Would like to say I can relax now but I'm away this weekend with the teens I work with for a competition. Once that's out the way I can get in full christmas mode!

I have been in Christmas Elf mode though after following Chicky's example, so if anyone wants to see his antics, our facebook page is here: Christopher Elf

I also have to say thank you to Shelly...she pm'd me to very nicely point out that there is an error in my last piece, so I have a few stitches to unpick and fix. I know she was worried I would take it the wrong way, but it was very much a 'd'oh' moment on my part. :o As I said, this is what everyone is here for and I appreciate practical comments as well as nice ones :D

Going to try and catch up with a couple of past pages, I haven't even thought about packing yet :o Got the hairdresser first thing as well.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • Ruth_honey
    edited 7 December 2012 at 12:32AM
    Ok, own up who's off to look at *Louise*s photo to try and spot the mistake??? ;)
    I know it's annoying to find a mistake, but rather now than after its been framed.

Edited to add: I think I've found it. In the bottom right corner, the loop isn't quite the same as the others. Is that it? It's like a puzzle! It took me a few minutes to spot & I didn't notice before, so well done, Shelly. I think I was just amazed at how nicely you've incorporated the names into the border that I didn't notice. It shouldn't take you long to fix, though, should it? Enjoy your weekend away, too. :)
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
  • Okay, my wee rug rat is finally sleeping so I am off to read back and see who has received and who hasn't.

Is Monday okay for the big reveal for everyone...Hopefully everyone will have received by then...xx
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • caroline78
    caroline78 Posts: 857 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 12:38AM
    ailsb
    blue_eyed_girl
    caroline78
    chickywiggle
    Elle1267
    firefly369
    Flat Eric
    flowerofscotland
    JCS1
    laura2481
    *Louise*
    maria and the imps
    mrs-moneypenny
    nmm
    Ruth_honey
    sk00bie1
    subtle_minx
    sweetcarer

Most of us have received. The ones in red haven't got yet. I will chase up tomorrow...xx

Thanks Chicky for being so kind as to help out. I should have posted on here that I had been in touch with Ruth-honey but never had a minute to myself all day...lol...
  • Ruth_honey
    Thanks Caroline! At least most have arrived already. How's your little one doing now? Any improvement?
  • The rash is still just as bad, but it is drier now so not bleeding or weeping anymore. The open wounds must have healed as well as it doesn't annoy him when he pees or poos anymore. The doctors now think he took an allergic reaction to the penicillen which means he will be allergic for life.....xx
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Feeling :(

See my stitch has not arrived at its destination yet. Hubby posted on the 3rd. Tried the tracking number on website but website can't track at current time. Sent it recorded delivery, it might be at sorting office - might be worth a phone call.

I am sorry

sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills