Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ilesmark
    Co-op privilege premier bank account - problems
    • 30th Nov 10, 1:41 PM
    Co-op privilege premier bank account - problems 30th Nov 10 at 1:41 PM
    Hi all

As 'advertised' on MSE, I was impressed with this offer from Co-op - so much so I opened one.

But the hassles I have been getting! Co-op told me they would handle the switching of all the regular payments going into and out of the account. As Alliance and Leicester had done a similar exercise a few years ago with no problems, I thought this would be OK.

The first sign of trouble was when I got a letter from Co-op telling me the account was overdrawn. This transpired to be because they'd switched all the debits to the new account, but not my monthly salary. When I queried this, the response was "you were told in the small print you had to contact people paying money into your account - the account switching team can only deal with payments going out of the account". I opened that new account in a branch and I definitely wasn't told this, only that the account switching team would take care of all of it. In fairness to them, they gave me a temporary overdraft and waived the charges to give me time to get my salary payment switched over.

Some of the utilities I dealt with sent me letters telling me they had changed the direct debit details OK. But so far I have had 5 letters from other utilities etc telling me they'd tried to collect their regular payments via direct debit but that the direct debit had bounced. Thus I have had to contact them and tell them the new details, and I have even been hit with a 25 failed D/D charge by one company.

Am going to take this up with Co-op, but before I do I just wondered if anyone else had been having any problems with this new bank account offer.

Mark
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,599Posts Today

8,193Users online

Martin's Twitter