Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• Jodie+Matt
    Jodie+Matt Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    I have done quite afew complaint letters. Had various vouchers, but two of my best were ferrero rocher and Disney store.

ferrero rocher:
    Complained about the chocolates being squashed/damaged they sent out some more out for me, which never turned up, so they sent another load out then few days later the 1st batch turned up.

Disney Store:
    Bought a £8 wreck it ralph car that you put a key in and it flips it across the room, the paint on the wheels came off with two goes so just emailed Disney store telling them wasn't happy. They were very quick to respond and asked me to sent it back for replacement. I didn't sent it back as my daughter loved playing with it so left it. Week later Disney emailed back saying they haven't received the car, I explained why, they then asked for her name so can sent some goodies out. Ended up with a £5 gift car, stickers n colour pages, but also a vanellope von schweetz 12"(ish) doll, and a vanellope bag. She was a very happy child!
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I look like I complain a lot....

Morrisons just before xmas I went in Stratford Upon Avon and got a panna cotta dessert for my dinner that night, which I noticed half way through eating was a day out of date! I was annoyed at this, especially bring a dairy product one can never be sure of the implications of eating out of date produce.

I emailed them online. I didn't expect a response straight away and said that it was understandable it being so near to xmas but at the same time I was disappointed. Less than a day later I got a call apologising and saying that they would send out vouchers as a way of apology. Yesterday I got x £10 vouchers :)
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thought there was a page for winning against companies when making complaint. Well made a complaint with asda and got £15 gift card so that will go towards new work clothes.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Spoonful_Of_Sugar
    Options
    complained to starbucks and got 2 vouchers for any sized drinks
    :p
  • charmed1318
    charmed1318 Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 October 2015 at 8:53PM
    Options
    I remember reading a while ago about people who wrote to companies either complimenting them or complaining about a product or service.
    I have sent one or two in the past but heard nothing back so got dis heartened, until I bought my mum a tin of Macaroni cheese from certain Hz brand. She sent a message from their website (we were on a holiday at the time so probably on the Wednesday), and when we got home on the Friday afternoon she had a letter - from a template, but hey - and a £3 Hz voucher. :):):):)
    So, I did a search on the forum and looked on many pages - so forgive me if I missed something and there is an active thread - but the recent sort of thing I found was 2014

So, I thought... Of course if we don't receive the service we expect, item we expect etc we should complain and have a place to let others know we got results, to give them hope that something will be done if they stand and have a voice.

So who is next...?

Hope I've posted in the right place...?

What did you do/get?

I have just complained to M@t@l@n for their availability of women's suits...
  • rawr123
    rawr123 Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we went to see a west end show - long story short, v bad experience, please don't take your kids to an adult show if they are going to stand on the chairs!

going to see it again next week - seats worth £100 each!
    Thank you to everyone that posts on here
    prizeless for a year :(
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £5 coupon from Aldi, from a complaint as I found blue mould in my yoghurt which had not expired.
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £4 of Quorn vouchers, from a nice message sent on the website.
  • bargainfinder1992
    Options
    nice big box of swizzels matlow sweets as i didn't have any refreshers in my easter box! :)
  • Leesha55
    Leesha55 Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Got these from emailing them:

4 x £1 ecover vouchers
    The collective- Free suckies pouch, free lil tub and free duples
    2 x 25p off any yoghurt

:)
    Coupon and freebie lover! !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories