NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Exercise/travel: cycled dds to school this morning; got caught in a refreshing rain shower (not too heavy) :)
    Eating healthy: picked grapes from our vine. It's at the bottom of the garden, and they are tiny but full of taste. I usually forget to pick them in the morning with my sleepy head, and then regret it when it's snacktime.
    Last night's dinner had a double helping of green beans, and the pot was empty! The cooked from frozen fish went down well, too.

NSD 2/15.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, still tucked up in my bed. Woke up when BF went to work at 6, then went back to sleep until 12!
    Slacking on the 5 a day, just not in the mood to face it, but BF will be making chicken & veg for tea, so I'll get a couple in.
    3rd NSD for me today.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Hi turtles sorry late starter here. Didn't get around to posting over the weekend.

Managed to bag 3/15 SFD so off to a good start.

Steak with brown ale casserole worked a treat, no going out buying meals as it was gorgeous and lasted all weekend. Yesterday used it up with wedges for gs and dd rather than go buy potatoes. It already had sweet potatoes in it. Still got one portion of blackberry and apple crumble for tea.
    Bf treated me to a nice coffee out after a small walk on Saturday in between showers.
    Sunday lazy day with DD and gs. Enjoyed sun in the garden.

Made appt with Dr today as knee/ ankle been so painful all weekend. Can't really manage as it is. Happy dance not happening just yet!

Cold in work today grateful for my homemade leek soup out of freezer.

Today claimed 4 pounds for one survey.

Trying to think of something new to do? Sports out at moment. May buy new hand mixer and become the replacement for Mary Berry:rotfl:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Poppy3008
    Poppy3008 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am counting yesterday as a NSD even though I paid for the log delivery as this was the money we made form the car boot sale. Today is a confirmed NSD - assuming I don't run out of fuel on my way to running club! Ate so badly over weekend (hormones) but back on track this week. Meal plan tweaked and will shop on Wednesday for this. Got paid at last today and its such a tight month I want to cry. I keep saying this to OH to make sure he knows not to buy anything unnecessary but feel I am being a nag! I do find it difficult to do a real penny to penny budget as I hate asking OH to only spend x amount - we have always had a lot of spare cash until now so never needed to.
    Amway - dog walked x 2 and with run club exercise is ticked. Noticed a few are watching my ebay items so here's hoping they sell. Hoping to get a night shift tomorrow which will boost next months funds.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Extras NSD today - met up with friend but used myWaitrose card.

Lidl shop of £20, mainly Pepsi Max (I have a 6 can a day habit):eek:
    I was going to shift to big bottles for home but they didn't have any, so bought two trays. I want to make this last 2 weeks rather than 1:D
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FurryBeastOz - that's a lot of pepsi! :eek:

As for me:

Still feeling OK so far today although a little washed out after last weeks hormonal cry-fest.
    Yesterday we spent money on pasties for lunch as kitchen was still in disarray, managed 4 out of 5 a day and walked 2 miles so an OK start. My happy moment was finally watching the ISS pass over :j I've never seen it before and it's been on my list since January :rotfl:

Today is a NSD so far but I'll do a proper check-in later or tomorrow. A great start everyone :)

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My victory dance is for:

My 2nd NSD
    Getting out for a long walk in the sunshine
    Eating well (will be about 6 after tea)
    Cutting out things to sew (yes, mothernerd, I am doing bunnies again! And robin doorstops and bags today)
    Catching up with my sister and how mum is
    Doing some poa/probate/bank stuff with dh for dad's stuff
    Doing Headspace
    Recognising that there is blue sky above all the dark, rainy clouds
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello:
    Today I'm doing the victory dance because I've had a nsd, and because someone paid me £20 for something I crocheted for them.
    I am also finished for the evening at 6.20pm. This is a weird feeling because it makes me feel as though I've forgotten to do something. But I'm tired, and I actually just want to get on with my next knitting or crochet project.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FurryBeastOz Congratulations on the spend free meet up and on running the race. It's good that you are stretching the pepsi and cutting back. Have you tried martin's de-motivator - work out how much it costs you over a year and think what you could do with that money.

Nannieg keep going to the lottie whilst the weather holds, you can catch up on the crafting when it's cold and wet.

greent well done on the fleabay sales and the mortgage payments. I am doing my garden a bit at a time. Still over a week until the green bin is collected so I should manage to fill it.

Thrifty you should enjoy next weeks mini challenge.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    misstara Congratulations on the NSD and the exercise.

Siebrie Well done on the cycling and not letting the rain put you off.

x_raphael_xx Sleeping like a champion ferret (snuggling under the blankets is also being in touch with your inner ferret. We are both on 3 NSDs.

Calling Also on three NSDs. Meals sound yummy. I have one portion of apple crumble in the freezer, made months ago. My victory dance is more a set of 'poses' - upright stance with paws forward, crouching down with paws and head up, then a sort of conga kick backwards with alternate legs. I did try to do a small jump but my bosum jumped more than me and it hurt.

Poppy 3008 Lots of exercise. Other people (on this thread and others) have talked about the dfficulties of getting their OHs on board. Men (apologies to male turtles) sometimes have a flexible idea of what is 'necessary'.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport