PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 16 mega index/christmas chat!!!

Options

Comments

• hermionesaver
    Options
    Hello every one :) sorry to hear about the poo incident crazy-cat-lady, I hope you managed to get it sorted!

I have started xmas shopping in earnest now, have a list from DD and have started buying bits off it and a few bits for DS (he's only 20months so no list from him). Used up an amazon voucher yesterday for a cupcake surprise doll, fairy garden, thomas train and a DVD of A Muppet Christmas carol for our Christmas Eve box.

I'm starting to get very excited and may have bought myself an xmas magazine haha. Lots of beautiful decor ideas in there that are tempting my to buy new decorations!

I got a 'uniform' love to shop voucher from work for £30 last week but as I am leaving at the end of October I'm going to use it for presents I think. It can be used at Boots and I also have about £25 worth of point for there too so I will take advantage of the 3for2 offer. They've already got the Christmas stock out.

Also planning our December activities. Hoping to go to Chatsworth to visit Father Christmas :) and the Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate if I can persuade DH!!

Merry Christmas everybody!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Having seen a few sprinkles of festive fair in Lidl yesterday I think it's time I joined you.

I have not yet purchased a gift but I have my list of what I would like to gift people and a fair idea of where to source them.

I'm holding a kiddies Christmas party for my girls and their cousins so I will be using that occasion to get crafty. Pinterest is helping a great deal.

I have an itching in my fingers that says to me it's time to unleash the Christmas prepping excitement. :D
  • Slowly57
    Options
    Mince pies in Sains$buries yesterday :0
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • CherryPie
    Options
    Hello all just working my way through the back posts

Can someone recommend any good family board games that adults and kids can play together ? I we have to play trivial pursuit again me and BIL will come to blows!! Only joking but he does take everything so seriously and he is very competitive . Best place to buy them too would be great

For me this is one of the best parts of Christmas!

Cranium
    Rummikub
    and if you can get your hands on it, Speak Out!
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • ruis72
    ruis72 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't normally go in wh smiths as I buy all my books second hand but have just discovered the one in town has a really large sale section at the back with books going to as little as 25p as well as a few gift items so i've managed to pick up a few bargains
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Slowly57 wrote: »
    Mince pies in Sains$buries yesterday :0

6 for £1 in coop yesterday as well:xmastree:
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have been stockpiling gifts for a while now. Have been taking advantage of a recent '2 for £20' offer on spirits in MrT (Along with a lot of £3 off a £20 spend vouchers) to get things like gin, vodka and whiskey for my harder drinking friends and relatives.

Bought all my young nieces and nephews presents in a mixture of primark, home bargains and Poundland-managed to get loads and loads of gifts and spent less than £7 on each of them but I think they will really like the gifts. Poundland is selling what looks like a cheaper version of Monster High dolls called 'Gothic Dolls'-very similar designs, hopefully my monster high obsessed nieces will be none the wiser, or at least like the dolls on their own terms.

Am stockpiling amazon and supermarket vouchers in preparation for Christmas, hoping for an almost cost free Christmas.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Just made my first batch of chutneys for the year. A spiced apple and cranberry one. Nice and Christmassy. I'll do another later. Got a few jars for me and a few to give away.

Testing out a fudge recipe tomorrow too. If it works out I'll make it for Christmas.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I confess. Replacement tin being bought today. It was very needed yesterday. On top of a poorly and very (non stop) crying one month old, I had a horrid day yesterday. The cats used the upstairs littler tray but when burying the poo accidentally kicked it out of the box. The little robot Hoover, roomba, went in to that room while doing his rounds. Ran over the poo, got it stuck in his wheels and brushes and dragged and spread it everywhere.
    Went upstairs and saw it all. Could have cried.
    Cracked open a tub of chocs last night. And very nearly the wine too.
    :(
    You poor thing, you should be spending time with your baby! On the bright side, by the time Christmas comes your little one will be reacting to lights and smiling and gurgling like a good 'un :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    6 for £1 in coop yesterday as well:xmastree:
    This is gonna be a v odd Christmas for me - no sugar, including my favourite mince pies! Am watching some trashy TV overnight, it's Christmas Eve at Cake Boss and its baking overdrive! I can almost smell the icing sugar coming out of the TV set :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure