Wren kitchens nightmare

hi there,

I just wondered if anyone could give me any info to where I stand. We bought a wren kitchen in the summer, delivery due 4th Nov, on the 2nd cue an email from wren, stating ovens were out of stock, will be back in, in 7-14 days. Waited 14 days, contacted them again and said another 7-10 days, waited this long again, contacted them and now the ovens have been discontinued. I am livid. They said I could get an alternative but again, at least another 14 days. I can't wait that long so have sourced the oven at a price of £560 each, I ordered 4 from wren as I run a cake business from home.

So here is the issue. Wren are only offering me £1800 back, as they have to readjust my discount, even though, on my invoice the ovens were listed at £599 each, I thought my cake business would be on hold for up to 2 weeks, but it's been 4 weeks and counting now. So not only am now coming out less well off after buying the ovens on my own, but I will have also lost out on a whole months earnings. Would it be worth going to a solicitor for loss of earnings? I also don't think it's fair, the amount being refunded. I have no idea what to do.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Duplicate thread - earlier thread in the In My Home board.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    As this is a business to business transaction, different laws/rights apply.

Hopefully someone will be able to offer you some advice.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure