CPP and Card Protection Policy

Hi

Out of the blue my partner has received a letter from a company called 'CPP'. The letter starts: 'Important: you are invited to vote on how we review the way in which your card and/or identity protection policy was sold. Your voting form is enclosed'.

It's a several page letter with a booklet entitled 'Proposal in relation to scheme of arrangement under part 26 of the Companies Act 2006'.

It talks about maybe being entitled to compensation and 'voting' by completing an enclosed form - or attending a creditor's meeting.

Anyone know anything about this - and how to fill in the forms?

We don't know anything about this - and it asks to value your claim - but we don't know and it doesn't say when or where the policy was bought nor what card it relates to!

Very odd.

RD

Comments

• garynuman
    garynuman Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I received this. They are sending these letters out to all and sundry who may have had credit card protection.

My CCP was offered during a credit card application. It provided some cover in case of identity theft (and some other smaller benefits; lost keys, etc.) This has since proved practically worthless as the credit card company are responsible for the monetary cover in such cases.

I understand that the letters are being sent to start the "time bar clock" to ensure that these claims can no longer be made indefinitely.

Gaz
  • Broomy
    Broomy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Fill the Form out and send it off, my Mrs just got £257 back in less than 3 weeks from filling out the form they sent out.
  • Sparx71
    Sparx71 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Filled out the form and sent it off in Feb, received a payment today. No hassle, and unexpected. Very welcome though!
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Sparx71 wrote: »
    Filled out the form and sent it off in Feb, received a payment today. No hassle, and unexpected. Very welcome though!

I'm sure the OR will be very happy you are at least repaying some of your debts ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4947291
  • Dad got one of these letters. It's a claim form and it asks you to complete it with details as to why you think you are entitled, what went wrong, and what is the value.

What excuse do you put in the claim box to claim this money?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What excuse do you put in the claim box to claim this money?
    You need to put valid complaint reasons, not "excuses".

Read here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
  • You need to put valid complaint reasons, not "excuses".

Read here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection

Thankyou. Not too sure what type of policy it is or what it covered. Does that matter?
    CPP have said that he can claim but if you don't know what the policy was what do you say?
  • maggy50
    maggy50 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thankyou. Not too sure what type of policy it is or what it covered. Does that matter?
    CPP have said that he can claim but if you don't know what the policy was what do you say?

The policy covered loss of card , keys , fraud etc. so I believe it was not a payment protector like PPI .

As I was unaware and still am to a degree how this was sold to me or true coverage I merely pointed out this on my claim form that was to be returned to CPP. I had no idea of value .

Beware that it is CPP who are asking this as there are claim companies out there who will charge a fee .
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • I filled in the form,sent it back and 2weeks later I received a cheque for £326. Very welcome and is going into the want to be debt free pot
  • Hi. Not sure if this post is still rolling. I have paid into CPP FOR 20 years. It lapsed at one point then I resigned up. I sent my form into claim. 2 weeks ago now I've received a cheque for a lousy £59! Anyone else had this happen? I will of course appeal but could do without the hassle as I am disabled and work part time Which takes all my energy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure