JSA Hardship payments

Options

Comments

• Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    nocareer wrote: »
    Thanks, for that info. That is re-assuring. It must have been a false rumour.

I think HB does get stopped initially. They think your now employed. If you notify them though that you are still unemployed they re-instate it.

At least that is my understanding.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sweetheart i was there when my OHs advisor said it, i heard him say it, my OH did NOT mishear!

So the clerk made a MISTAKE, big deal.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • nocareer
    nocareer Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    At the end of the day the Jobcentre have alot to answer for. I'm blaming them for the confusion. Has anyone even seen the mysterious leaflet ESL48 that is supposed to accompany the letter issued to someone at the jobcentre which states a doubt has arisen about their claim for JSA?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    With the exception of a couple of excellent sensible posters there is an awful lot of bull on this thread, banging head against a brick wall springs to mind with the rest of you.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • nocareer
    Options
    bullbar wrote: »
    Errrr would you expect someone to wipe your backside for you or would you do it yourself?

The JC+/DWP are NOT part of Social Services or an offshoot of the CAB.

They would expect YOU to find out what you are entitled to, how to go about claiming it and what forms to fill in to get it.

As for people losing homes because they failed to realise that they should have claimed a benefit - don't believe it! Everyone knows about CAB for a start, why didn't they ask their landlord, the council, the bank?
    If people are too damn lazy to help themselves then I have no sympathy for them - they bring it upon themselves.

You must work in a Jobcentre.

Here's the problem - People can't ask for these things is they don't know they exist to begin with.

Jobcentre staff are withholding information from claimants, and that is a fact. I myself have been in this position, so don't lecture me about what I should and shouldn't be doing for myself. Jobcentre Staff are scum, of that I have no doubts.
  • nocareer
    Options

So you would blame maybe me because I didn't tell a taxpayer how to avoid paying tax, what to claim as an extra allowance to reduce the tax liability?
    I could have helped people fill out the old style clerical tax returns and suggested that they might be entitled to something that they hadn't thought about?

If you don't find out what your rights are, then that is your look out and is not the fault of an overworked and underpaid civil servant!

I've proven my point, you admit to witholding info from the public. As for being overworked and underpaid, you civil servants don't know what hard work is. Pushing a pen all day and sitting on your !!!!, a monkey could do it, and would probably do a better job. :mad:
  • Broke_n_Broken
    Broke_n_Broken Posts: 195 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2012 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Wow!! someone has an inferiority complex!!!

My complexes are many and complex, none of them inferior to my inferiority complex.
    (thanks bullbar, I just thought of that, added it to my sig)

Seriously though, if you've never been to a job centre, visit one and just see the looks you get from some of the staff. You don't expect that from someone there to help.
    I wish I could fly, right up to the sky! But I can't...
    Famous Last Words: Bus?... What B....
    I reserve the right to edit my posts so you are wrong & I am right!
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    So the clerk made a MISTAKE, big deal.

hows it a mistake fgs, he should know when his own damn job centre is open *roll eyes*

big deal? well no it wasnt but it could have been if it werent for me, thanks to that idiot and his 'mistake'

oh and ive just remembered another 'mistake' that almost cost us money, some idiot had put on my OHs file that that he (my OH) had called in and told them he wasnt going to be turning up for his appointment, apparently my OH had phoned the previous week and told them that :rotfl:

oh and there have been a fare few 'mistakes' which has led to us being paid late (sometimes upto a week late)

i think they should all be retrained, seems to be far too many 'mistakes' going on in the JC+
  • RILEYBULL
    RILEYBULL Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    My brother in law has seen post being put through the shredder containing documents requested by the jcp. so that they can stop or hold up peoples jsa claim.. Management have put targets on them to find ANY WAY POSSIBLE to stop or hold up peoples claim. Or to put fear into them and treat/talk to them like dirt to stop them claiming.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RILEYBULL wrote: »
    My brother in law has seen post being put through the shredder containing documents requested by the jcp. so that they can stop or hold up peoples jsa claim.. Management have put targets on them to find ANY WAY POSSIBLE to stop or hold up peoples claim. Or to put fear into them and treat/talk to them like dirt to stop them claiming.

So why does he not go to the papers with this information? If this is in fact the case, then by allowing it to continue, he is perpetuating the offence and is "aiding and abetting" it.

If your brother in law is to be believed, then he should become a whistle-blower - then I might respect him. As things stand, I would not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure