Reconnecting a concrete filled drain/sewer

Options
My house is the end of a row of similar houses all with the bathroom at the front. I have a small bedroom where all the other have their bathroom and the back bedroom has been split into a smaller bedroom and bathroom. In the front garden there is evidence of a drain filled with concrete. I would like to add a cloakroom to the front of the house so would like to reconnect to the sewers. There is 10ft of front garden before the pavement then the foul sewers run under the road.
What I want to know is:-
How far is it likely the concrete has run down, is it likely to be further than the drain on my property? (I'm hoping the pavement won't need touching to access)
Who do I get in to reinstate the drainage?
Who much is it likely to cost?
Thanks

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    You need professional help for this - nobody on this forum will be able to answer. Drainage needs a design and nobody knows whether you have combined sewers or separate foul and surface water. Nor do they know what is in your front garden, what state it is and whether it connects to anything. If it does connect then to what and in what direction and at what depth? To this you add what state is it in - any concrete will mean excavating, removing and renewing the pipe(s).

This is all Buildings Regulations matters. But if your connection involves Adopted Drainage under the footpath, or the road you are talking serious sums of money - many thousands here just for this part of the work.
  • JuzaMum
    JuzaMum Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks. I don't know who to get in - which professional do I use? Plumber? Builder? The drains outside under the road are combined and currently in use by other properties. They have been added to by recently built properties nearby and I have a drainage plan from the local water board.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    Approach a local small Architect practice, or architectural technician or Civil Engineer. Talk it through and get an idea of costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure