MSE 'soft' search shows up on credit file

Options
Cash_Cow
Cash_Cow Posts: 104 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Looking at getting a loan to pay off a car PCP in recent weeks and save thousands and did the MSE expert soft search that 'will not show on your credit record'. Well it has x 2!

I clicked through to the Hitachi one they said I'd be eligible for both times as it seemed like a good deal and >BOSH< two 'administration review' searches noted by Callcredit on my file with Noddle.

I wouldnt mind but I DID NOT APPLY - this was just front page landing click through as I continue to research.

Why would MSE port my key personal info to Hitachi without my permission? This all smacks of putting their potemtial kickback before my privacy and I'm sorry i trusted them with my private info in this lead up to getting a loan. I'm normally very cagey with DOB and giving real name etc... :-(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You see soft searches.

Lenders don't.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    Options
    As ze81 stastes on your noddle you will see it comes under soft search which only you can see
  • Cash_Cow
    Cash_Cow Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    OK - thanks. Of all the ones offered via MSE only Hitachi did a search - little odd. Still, happy days as I got the loan and then Nationwide then price promise beat it by 0.5%. Goodbye overpriced PCP and I get to own my new car 100% with easy overpayments online possible :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure