Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,100Posts
    • 21,516Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 450
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 21st May 17, 9:22 AM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Had a regal tomcat love this morning
    In order to achieve this needed to lock Ty out.

Pickle ran in and gave tomcat a huuuuge kiss, he gave her a kiss back it was lovely.

I am about to walk the monkeys then shower and clean for a bit.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 21st May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 2,972 Thanks
    faerielight
    hi guys, i'm slipping into a really dark place, not coping emotionally with all recent events, I'm so lonely , my friend still hasn't been in contact either
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st May 17, 11:58 PM
    • 14,512 Posts
    • 35,944 Thanks
    elsien
    Are you not still going to your BPD group, faerie? Isn't there anyone there who can offer a bit of extra support at the moment?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 22nd May 17, 12:52 AM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 2,972 Thanks
    faerielight
    Hi Elsein, I'm struggling to go more than once a week, due to being so physically ill, It's frustrating, as it's such a blockage to accessing my mh service I've been stuck mostly in bed, too zapped and ill, and in pain, to get out of the flat , plus I'm feeling particularly agoraphobic recently
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 22nd May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    Penitent
    I can't offer much in the way of advice, faerielight, but folk are here to listen.

Are you reaching out to your friend to let them know you need to talk? Or are you waiting and hoping they'll contact you?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 22nd May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    Penitent
    As an aside, do folk mind that I click Thanks on all the posts? I'm not always sure what advice to give--not knowing the "backstory"--so I click Thanks to say "you're heard" or as a show of support. Is that okay? I'm beginning to worry that it seems creepy to Thank all the posts when I don't reply to stuff.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 22nd May 17, 12:39 PM
    • 14,512 Posts
    • 35,944 Thanks
    elsien
    I wouldn't worry about it, Penitent. Always handy to know that I'm not wittering away to myself.
    And while we on the subject, a quick wave at the missing people to say I'm thinking about you and hoping that everything is as ok as it can be when life has thrown you a curveball.
    Faerie, what have you done before when you've felt like this that has eased things a little for you?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 22nd May 17, 12:42 PM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    No penitent rules on this thread are different

PALS involved
    ITU allowing OH to over extend himself leading to collapse
    Still hadn't contacted RAID.

Upstairs still moving out
    Last night they sat on a car park next to my house for an hour
    Were seen by nice neighbour

Tired
    Took diazapan last night to make sure I slept
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 22nd May 17, 1:27 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 3,523 Thanks
    Izadora
    Penitent, I shouldn't worry, I often do the same. I generally don't know what to say/can't offer practical advice but don't want to 'ignore' people either.

Big hugs and squishes to all who need them and I hope things start to improve for you soon.

Completely happy stuff but penguined in case it seems a bit glib when people are suffering:
    Spoiler (highlight below to view):
    It's my last week at work as an unmarried woman!! I tried my dress on again yesterday (with some fantastic shaping underwear that's also really pretty) and it's amazing how much better it looks with completely smooth lines underneath it. I was happyish with how it looked anyway but now just really can't wait for IzHe to see it cos I think he'll love it - bless him, I could probably turn up in a bin bag and he'd still tell me I looked beautiful but it's the first time in pretty much forever that I've put something on and been happy with what I saw in the mirror.
    It's weird because getting married wasn't ever something which was particularly important to me but I'm so excited that in just over 2 weeks IzHe will be my husband.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 22nd May 17, 3:56 PM
    • 14,512 Posts
    • 35,944 Thanks
    elsien
    No penitent rules on this thread are different

PALS involved
    ITU allowing OH to over extend himself leading to collapse
    Still hadn't contacted RAID.

Upstairs still moving out
    Last night they sat on a car park next to my house for an hour
    Were seen by nice neighbour

Tired
    Took diazapan last night to make sure I slept
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Upstairs moving as in taking themselves elsewhere never to be seen again??? That's great news if that's what's happening.

Hope you manage to get somewhere to Pals, melly, but bear in mind that part of their role is to protect the organisation from formal complaints so they're not impartial.
    It is ok to take a day off from visiting if you really need to, you know. Can other family stand in for day while you recharge your batteries?

• mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 22nd May 17, 4:39 PM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    He doesn't want then
    He wants me
    I don't know if he will understand my not going.
    He was upset last time (one of the reasons I want RAID involved to help him understand)

Told PALS his care is fine it's not taking his mental health into account that's the problem.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 22nd May 17, 8:25 PM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Not gone up
    Couldn't leave house as furniture has been thrown downstairs again all day
    Also last night means I have another 3 people who need to know where I am at all times as they are concerned for my safety.
    Was her and 3 lads last night.

Migraine
    And the guilts
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 23rd May 17, 12:35 AM
    • 16,897 Posts
    • 44,363 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    Depressive episode is kicking in.

eurgh.

went to Swain's last night and just felt utterly crap. Felt guilty for feeling down and generally not feeling able to comunicate or be social. Don;t know how he puts up with me but he does. Heard nothing about this managing bipolar course so booking gp appointment as i feel i'm going to need it.
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 0lbs
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 23rd May 17, 8:50 AM
    • 7,408 Posts
    • 16,257 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    WaS, if you're reading - last night's incident is not your fault.

I'm so glad my cousin and her kids are OK...and so sad for those who aren't.

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 23rd May 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 3,523 Thanks
    Izadora
    MU, I know it's going to be harder than normal to remember this at the moment but it's because he loves you. There's no need to feel guilty, just try not to shut him out too much.

I hope you manage to get an appointment with the GP to get things sorted.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 23rd May 17, 10:30 AM
    • 18,408 Posts
    • 18,598 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    Just wanted to log on to wave at everyone (I'm still reading and I think clicking thanks is a good idea, Penitent - I did that for a while but now just try to post every so often.)

Special hugs to elsien as I know there is job uncertainty ATM. ((((()))))
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    RAID referral finally done
    Spoke to a doc in ITU
    He has referred for me
    Yay
    Cctv cameras so he can see zoo set up
    So 2 min me leave and go up to see the beautiful man
    • tunathe cat
    • By tunathe cat 23rd May 17, 3:47 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 1,207 Thanks
    tunathe cat
    RAID referral finally done
    Spoke to a doc in ITU
    He has referred for me
    Yay
    Cctv cameras so he can see zoo set up
    So 2 min me leave and go up to see the beautiful man
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Well done Mel lots of boxes ticked today Keep safe x
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd May 17, 4:41 PM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 12,828 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Had a nose at the cameras
    Its ace
    Everyone sleeping lol
    X
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd May 17, 4:43 PM
    • 14,512 Posts
    • 35,944 Thanks
    elsien
    That's a great idea melly, I'd not have thought of it. Maybe I could do a sneaky check up on Gitdog and Nan.
    So now that's sorted, what are you doing for you?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,275Posts Today

7,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin