ESA to JSA then trying to hand in sick note but can''t

Hello I was wondering if anyone can advise me on what I should do. I had been on E.SA. for just over 12 months for clinical depression. On my re-assessment I was deemed fir for work having only scored 6 points. I was told on this forum I should ask for a manual review, sign on for J.S.A wait for my first payment before putting in a Sick Note. I got a 4 week sick note from my doctor today for recurring depression but when I tried to hand it in I was told I couldn't because the Doctor working for the dwp has found me fit for work. I'm seriously unwell and would no way be employable in my current situation. Am I not allowed to be ill again, of do I have to be on JSA for some time before I am allowed to put in a sick note. This is so stupid, how can a doctor who has seen me for 20 mins have a better understanding of my condition then a docotor I have been with for year. Utter disgrace.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• KMoo
    KMoo Posts: 38 Forumite
    Unfortunately unless your condition has significantly worsened or it is a new illness/ailment they will not accept a sick note for the same ailment, I went through this too :(
    I would appeal and take it up the chain, wish I had but shall be restarting all that "fun" again myself soon too (joys).
    Some helpful info on this link; .benefitsandwork .co.uk /forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=106238 (without the spaces with www. at front :-D)
    :wave:
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I can't offer any advice, but I think what you are referring to is a Extended Period of Sickness when on JSA.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/10490

They are and should be permitted while on JSA, even when coming from ESA.
  • B0R099
    B0R099 Posts: 5 Forumite
    sometimes clicking the thank you button doesn't seem enough, anyway thank you guys for your help and input. It's nice to come to a place like this when I'm not sure what to do next were people take their time out to respond back. cant wait for my mr to be refused so I can formally appeal and get out of the mess that is the JSA claims process. I know it's not the work coaches fault they just doing their job following guidelines but the conservatives really make you feel like a 3rd class citizen it's such a shame labour has no chance of getting into power - Rip the right of the needy and vulnerable
  • KMoo
    KMoo Posts: 38 Forumite
    B0R099 wrote: »
    sometimes clicking the thank you button doesn't seem enough, anyway thank you guys for your help and input. It's nice to come to a place like this when I'm not sure what to do next were people take their time out to respond back. cant wait for my mr to be refused so I can formally appeal and get out of the mess that is the JSA claims process. I know it's not the work coaches fault they just doing their job following guidelines but the conservatives really make you feel like a 3rd class citizen it's such a shame labour has no chance of getting into power - Rip the right of the needy and vulnerable

Best of luck to you and remember, evidence is invaluable.. try and get as much as you can from doctors to support you.
    This document has example letters to send to doctors, they may ask a fee for completing, or refuse due to time constraints, but always best sending them and seeing anyway, some are very nice and supportive and go above and beyond for their patients.
    citizensadvice .org.uk /Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/09070300-ews-esa-appeals-guide.doc
    :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport