Completed IVA and Sainsbury's Bank

Hi everyone,

I've recently successfully completed an IVA arrangement early by offering a full and final settlement. I've received my completion certificate but last week received a statement from Sainsbury's Bank demanding payment.

It hasn't been unusual to receive the odd statements from my old creditors and each time I informed Debt Free Direct they told me to disregard them because the accounts had been included in the arrangement.

However when I looked at the completion certificate more closely Sainsbury's Bank was the only creditor to not put forward a claim from the final disbursements.

I've written to them today enclosing a copy of the completion certificate and asked them to update their records immediately but now I'm worried that I'm going to be pursued for the outstanding balance.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Thanks,

Mary

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Quickquid never claimed during my IVA (probably added a 3 month delay), it was a bit of a pain getting them to update, but they did

It doesn't matter if a creditor claims or not, or even if the creditor wasn't listed. An IVA includes all debts other than those excluded, and they aren't enforceable once the agreement completes. I very much doubt you'll be pursued, although they might ask your for the final report as well as certificate.

If they do pursue you I'd contact your IVA company again who should assist in getting them to stop. If its just auto letters I'd ignore them for a bit, it does take time for some creditors to update their systems
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure