IVA completed December 2014

Hiya
IVA was completed in December 2014, had a PPI from Barclays in January 2017 which went to the IVA company as this was still showing on Barclays closed account, questioned IVA company on why they had this payment, they confirmed the company they used to track any PPI's when I was in the IVA, there may be still outstanding fees owing to them and they were waiting to hear back. Made contact beginning of March 2017 for an update, they now confirm that due to a court hearing on someone who was still in a IVA and had a PPI claim, money was due to them from this person, so they are now investigating people who are not in IVA's and if PPI claims should go to them. Is this right, shouldn't the money be coming to me :mad: Any help and advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Tinks74
    Tinks74 Posts: 201 Forumite
    I'd guess that your former IP is referring to the Green v Wright case relation to PPI recovered after the completion of an IVA.

http://www.hilldickinson.com/insights/articles/green-v-wright

There are other threads on this forum about it.

Basically it comes down to whether your IVA was based on Assets which were specifically included/excluded from the arrangement or whether it was based upon all assets available at the time, which would include the potential PPI refund, whether or not you knew about the possibility of reclaiming it at the time, if you had the right to reclaim it at the time.

You will need to reread your proposals, they should explain what assets were or were not pledged to the arrangement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure