HSBC Mortgage Application Timings?

Comments

• Rosy_Apple
    Rosy_Apple Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Sheep wrote: »
    Do you know which valuation company they are using? Is it countrywide?

Our application is with underwriters now. The hardest thing about the whole application i found was when they ask for your outgoings they litterally want to know how much you spend on t bags and hair gel etc etc. I know other providers have their own calculation for that and therefore dont drill down as deep

We put what we thought was accurate. Time will tell.

I don't actually know- HSBC told me that the valuation company would call me in the next two working days to arrange payment and then would arrange the valuation. Rather bizarrely, I haven't heard from them but the EA has let me know that they have arranged it for tomorrow already! Once I get the call then I will let you know who it is.

We didn't actually have to fill in any paperwork like that that went to HSBC, not sure if it is because we went through a broker? Went through some costings with the Broker but he said these weren't going to go to the bank and were just to check he was happy with affordability.
  • Rosy_Apple
    Rosy_Apple Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Sheep wrote: »
    Do you know which valuation company they are using? Is it countrywide?

Our application is with underwriters now. The hardest thing about the whole application i found was when they ask for your outgoings they litterally want to know how much you spend on t bags and hair gel etc etc. I know other providers have their own calculation for that and therefore dont drill down as deep

We put what we thought was accurate. Time will tell.

The valuation company have just rung to take payment- it is SDL.
  • Sheep
    Sheep Posts: 219 Forumite
    Thanks for the info Rosy Apple. I thought HSBC only used Countrywide but what do I know :)
  • Katako
    Katako Posts: 1 Newbie
    How long after the valuation did it take you to get the full mortgage offer?
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm a ftb too and we have had our offer accepted pending valuation. This was paid for Wednesday and they had to contact me to find out the ea Friday so they can organise the valuation.
    Anyone gotten further than this and can share timings?
    Thanks 😊
  • sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In 6 days or less (including weekends) after the valuation visit, we had our full mortgage offer! Good luck to everyone!
  • AGhee
    AGhee Posts: 11 Forumite
    Has anyone had any experience of applying for an HSBC mortgage with ILR?

I applied for my mortgage online on 7th and submitted documents on 8th.. just wondering when can I hear from them..

also any experience with HSBC managed panel conveyance?
  • yes I used their panel last time so am doing the same. I have an offer subject to valuation. I have Countrywide doing the valuation. Spoke to them at the end of last week and they are really busy in my area so the first opportunity to do a full structural/building survey along with the mortgage valuation is 16th August so I have to wait till then.

They said their timelines are that they have to get back within 48 hours to HSBC with the mortgage valuation and within 10 days to get back to me with the full building/structural survey.

We only get appointed the solicitor/conveyancer after this step

I used their panel before (2015) and it was fine. I did see a few other people on this board who have had issues though.
  • tylr
    tylr Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just out of interest, is it out of the ordinary for HSBC to have a mortgage application for 17 days without coming to any decision?
    Mine has been with them for what seems like an eternity and doesn't appear to be moving anywhere fast!
  • YHM
    YHM Posts: 650 Forumite
    Was your application put through a broker or direct?
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure