**Make £10 a day February 2013 Challenge**

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Whats happening with your coins Aesop? have they been lost? :(

yep, need to ring RM on monday and find out what they are going to do about it. I wont get hte money as I can't prove their value.
  • Can I ask a question about car boot sales? I have a bunch of stuff that I want to try and sell but I think postage would make it undesirable on ebay - I've tried collection only on ebay but no luck and I wondered what kind of stuff sells at car boots, I've got a random assortment including a few old fiction books, 2 cook books, old DVDs, PS2 games, a fondue set, shot glasses, a few clothes, hat and scarf set, tigger teddies, a couple of board games, a couple of photo frames and a few xmas gift sets like body lotions etc. Do you think I could sell this kind of stuff at a car boot?
  • Seems like my wish yesterday kind of came true today. Adding £5.67 from online surveys (onepoll, Valued Opinions, Vivatic & Viewsbank) and Swagbucks.

OnePoll managed to really surpass expectations too. I finally hit redemption yesterday afternoon after a three day dry spell and by 10am this morning £40 had cleared into my PayPal account!!! That has to be the fastest cash out by them ever :j

wow I have been waiting a month for onepoll payment!

Just found this thread btw and I am looking for new ways to make money :)
    Mortgage start date 19 January 2018, end Jan 2043.
    Owed £38,000/£38,000
  • Can someone please offer some guidance on how this works? New here and a total novice. Thanks
    Never trust a plumber wearing wellies
  • Aesop
    Can someone please offer some guidance on how this works? New here and a total novice. Thanks

Hi Lee, love your signature :D

you need to state your intent of what you would like to try and earn over the remainder of this month, ie £5 a day or £10 a day.

You then try to make that money in addition to your normal wages.

This maybe by completing surveys and cashing out, doing sites like Swagbucks, gifthulk. Selling on ebay, or any other selling site, carboots, etc.

Using sites like shop and scan, consumer pulse to earn vouchers.

Selling old coins, clothes, cartridges, etc

Mystery shopping, a second job etc.

We encourage people to post regularly how they are doing as it keeps you motivated.

At the end of the month you tell us how much extra you have earnt.

The aim is to make additional money to what you normally earn to help pay creditors/bills/save etc.
  • fairyclicks
    fairyclicks Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Aesop wrote: »
    yep, need to ring RM on monday and find out what they are going to do about it. I wont get hte money as I can't prove their value.

Oh no!!! Did you send them recorded?

Do you have any photos of them? or something from the firm you sent them to - even an estimate of value?

Bet they have been nicked by a sorter or something :( hope you get something done about it! xx
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)
  • Aesop wrote: »
    Hi Lee, love your signature :D

you need to state your intent of what you would like to try and earn over the remainder of this month, ie £5 a day or £10 a day.

You then try to make that money in addition to your normal wages.

This maybe by completing surveys and cashing out, doing sites like Swagbucks, gifthulk. Selling on ebay, or any other selling site, carboots, etc.

Using sites like shop and scan, consumer pulse to earn vouchers.

Selling old coins, clothes, cartridges, etc

Mystery shopping, a second job etc.

We encourage people to post regularly how they are doing as it keeps you motivated.

At the end of the month you tell us how much extra you have earnt.

The aim is to make additional money to what you normally earn to help pay creditors/bills/save etc.
    Thanks for speedy reply. I would love to give it a go, maybe observe for Feb though, get a plan together and go for it in march. If I could make and extra £10 a day per month I'd be very happy! Can you point me in right direction in terms of surveys, avg payments for them etc? I don't mind spending time doing something if it will earn me some pennies
    Never trust a plumber wearing wellies
  • Aesop
    Oh no!!! Did you send them recorded?

Do you have any photos of them? or something from the firm you sent them to - even an estimate of value?

Bet they have been nicked by a sorter or something :( hope you get something done about it! xx

sent recorded and have a list of what was inside as I documented for the company and kept a copy but RM wont accept that.

Recorded is not tracked all through it's journey, just a signature on delivery....
  • Aesop
    Thanks for speedy reply. I would love to give it a go, maybe observe for Feb though, get a plan together and go for it in march. If I could make and extra £10 a day per month I'd be very happy! Can you point me in right direction in terms of surveys, avg payments for them etc? I don't mind spending time doing something if it will earn me some pennies

I was just logged in at the same time as you posted, it doesn't happen very often :D

different people have different opinions on survey companies.

We all love pinecone as they pay £3 per survey and are very quick! But it hard to get onto their books. If you read through this thread I have put up a link to apply. Also Consumer Pulse is a good one to get onto, you could earn a £10 voucher per month.

We have a referral board for surveys and it would be nice if you signed up using someone's referral, so they get benefit but no pressure, you can list your own referral too.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Here is the referral board link and you can search by clicking on search this forum and put in surveys. This will list current survey companies with referrals and a bit of feedback on what they pay.

They all vary. Valued Opinions will pay anything from 10p to £5 per survey but the higher value is rare.
  • fairyclicks
    fairyclicks Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 February 2013 at 4:29PM
    Aesop wrote: »
    sent recorded and have a list of what was inside as I documented for the company and kept a copy but RM wont accept that.

Recorded is not tracked all through it's journey, just a signature on delivery....

I'm just wondering if you can print off ebay or other internet listings of the coins you sent with the price on them - thats usually what i send for comp from them (usually something i have sold) and have had no problem.

Oh and i have met my listing limit on ebay - 34 items listed today and 45 yesterday - i now need alcohol even though i don't drink hehehehehe :D
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure