Your "Free Sample" from Silkies (not really)

Comments

• bazzaang
    bazzaang Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    the wife received the free pair of tights a while back then the trouser socks popped up along with some flannel about our order etc. Sent them back with not known at this address on the envelope. And with regards freebie hunter, we never applied for these free tights, the wife can not use the computer and i certainly have no interest in tights so im afraid there could not possibly have been user error or lack of reading paperwork.
    Only when the last tree has died,the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,
    will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • JasonW_2
    JasonW_2 Posts: 705 Forumite
    Ive never seen a 'freebie' yet that wasnt worth the hassle of junk mail, or even the risk of my address being sold on!

I detest junk mail. I shred or rip up anything with my address on it so nothing can be traced back to me, and with junk mail, thats another letter I need to take care of.
  • jen_jen_2
    jen_jen_2 Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    i agree with slinks used silkies several times and had no problem having the order cancelled. it can be a hassle though to remember to cancel, if you can manage a book club membership you can manage this.
    Ready to Go Go!
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    i love junk mail .. bring it on .. the more junk mail the better that way i know my id not been stolen and redirected.... with a lot of large freebies they tend to try and send you more .. the free book from grolier comes to mind ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • They did near enought the same thing to me send a form back and sample a pair of trouser socks, so I did but I got three pairs of tights aswell which they want me to pay 11 quid for!! I've stuffed them in a draw i'll pay for them some day.....
    the tights were supposed to be the lightest range but there more orange than any thing i look like a cocktail when im wearing them!!!
  • wrote an email to silkies got a nice email saying return to our free returns address. If you haven't recieved the origional pair of free tights then you may keep one of the three pairs!!!
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I did that but as soon as I got my free tights I wrote to them and said I no longer required any of their merchandise. So in effect I got a pair of good quality tights for 30p.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I like the silkies tights. Long lasting and nice fit. I especially like the free ones they kept sending me. When they sent and invoice demand I just returned it with no goods order written across it. Never heard again until about a year later when another 3 pairs arrived. I rang them and said I hadn't ordered and could they please collect. They said return them to our freemail address. I refused and said I was treating as unsolicited goods, if they didn't collect within 2 weeks I would consider them mine. I also advised them I was recording the telephone conversation as proof of my call. Never heard again but they haven't sent me any tights for a while now :rolleyes:
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • "That's all very well, but heard of this while ago from a very elderly friend who had responded to the advert, and was quite shaken by the results of their demands for payment. Unfortunately haven't seen their advertising, but I suspect that the paperwork is in extremely small writing. Am having bother myself now reading that! Think all those little extras should be in same size of type as rest of offer, so there can be no mistakes on anyone's part. If there is nothing to hide, why should the type be set so small? Grrrrrr!!!"

Small print is put there to cover the company - if you choose not to read it then it's not their fault. Maybe they use it to exploit the people who don't bother to read it - again, not the companys fault.
    Besides, it's what I call 'medium print', not big bot not small enough to miss either.
    I've used them a couple of times and never had a problem.

It annoys me when people don't read everything, get caught out and start moaning.
    Watch out people. You don't know what lurks around the corner for you![/SIZE]
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It annoys me when people don't read everything, get caught out and start moaning.

But it's ok for you to moan if you don't like what someone has posted:confused:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if a post stops one person being caught out having to pay for tights they didn't want then it was worthwhile to that person.

Remember Martin's request (posted just under the warnng) :pls be nice to all MoneySavers!
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure