I need a loan but dont work help please

Comments

• Loads of sound advice.

To get a loan for £500 quid when it cant be paid back is just pure stupidity.

Get a grip!
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • Hi. You haven't said how many, or how old your kids are. I have 4, (2, 6, 8, and 12). We usually spend a good amount on them at xmas but this year money is tight, as it probably is for a lot of people.

The only one who will feel it is the 6 year old as she has no concept of money yet. The elder 2 have chosen their own gifts (one being a 2nd hand bike off Ebay (£26 bargain) which needed a few repairs). The little one will be quite happy with the puzzles, books and a few bob the builder bits we managed to buy cheap in the sales.

We have explained to the 6 yr old that Santa won't be able to bring so much this year as the elves haven't had so much money to buy materials to make the toys with this year because of the recession and I think she understands this.

They will all get stockings and a little pile of bits each and fortunately we are sharing the cost of the meal with my DH's family, all bringing a few items each (a ham, trifle and nibbles). Could you get together with a friend to do this too?

Could you get a catalog to get a few things from (things sometimes cost a bit more than from the shops, but you won't spend all year paying it back, if you pay back within 20wks you'll pay no interest)?

I hope you manage to have a really happy christmas however much you spend or don't!! And have a good look at the forums for ideas on getting or making things.
    This site rocks and has saved me loads -
    thanks to all those that post on the forums and have saved me money
    ;)
  • Hi, my kids are 13 and 10 years old. I dont have many good friends in my life, and i dont have or get much help from anyone else. Their Dad doesn't help out at all and he doesnt see them.
  • They are definitely at the age to understand how things are then!! lol

I would tell them you have a very tight budget then. Tell them how much you can afford. With my eldest I said that if we could't get much at christmas we'd get her some bits in the sales and she was very happy to accept this (as you get more for your money anyhows).

The way we got our eldest to understand was to get her to go through the Argos catalog and choose what she wanted (she was 10 at the time) understandably she made a list as long as your arm and added up to about £300!! Then we said she only had a budget of £75, aaahh she said 'so I need to go through and take a few things off then', 'um yes, just a few!' we said.

So setting them a budget definitely helps.

I know it's hard not to go and have a big spend and get them all they want and more, but its best they choose something they really want and play with it than get a load of stuff that costs load sbut sits in the corner untouched.
    This site rocks and has saved me loads -
    thanks to all those that post on the forums and have saved me money
    ;)
  • Oh and one thing to remember i think - your kids will still love you the same amount, regardless of how much money you spend :)
    2010 resolutions
    1- get my 5yo DD dry daytime, with enuresis help dry since 12th Jan so far!
    2-Lose 3 stone inc giving birth :j baby born 11/02/10! lost 2 stone, 1 more to go!
    3- more moneysaving! sealed pot number 851 :) SAHM getting organised, dont wanna go back to work after mat leave :o :j
  • viktory wrote: »

It is this sort of attitude that explains why people sink in debt. The OP is living on the bare minimum - paying off a whopping £500 will cripple her for months, possibly leaving her unable to pay for food or gas. Then her children - whose darling faces lit up on Christmas morning - will get hungry and cold. Bet their little faces won't be lit up then, eh?

We cut out cloth...She should be concentrating on the essentials - and presents are not essential.

You're completely missing the point
    If the OP wants to get a loan out for Xmas, it's HER choice, she didn't come here asking for opinions, she came her to ask if and how it could be done

From the OP's recent posts it's obvious she's having a really !!!! time of it at the minute, if having a nice Xmas for her and her kids is going to make her feel that little bit better then who the hell do you think you are to try and make her feel bad for it

Some of the other posters have given her excellent advice, such as letting the kids look through a catalogue and setting limits, shame all you and so many others have done is judge
    Future Mrs Gerard Butler :D

[STRIKE]
    Team Wagner
    [/STRIKE] I meant Team Matt......obviously :cool:
  • Morgan_Ree wrote: »
    If the OP wants to get a loan out for Xmas, it's HER choice, she didn't come here asking for opinions, she came her to ask if and how it could be done

From the OP's recent posts it's obvious she's having a really !!!! time of it at the minute, if having a nice Xmas for her and her kids is going to make her feel that little bit better then who the hell do you think you are to try and make her feel bad for it

Some of the other posters have given her excellent advice, such as letting the kids look through a catalogue and setting limits, shame all you and so many others have done is judge
    Thank you for your words, is exactly how i feel but thought i wouldnt bother wasting my time!! Yes me and my children have had a terrible year from being homeless for six months to me having to get a interdict out on their idiot Dad as he was threatening me with violence. My children are everything to me, and so what if i wanted a lovley day for my kids....... they really do deserve it.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2009 at 11:37AM

I have to say that I agree with you for the most part. It's the OP's choice and some of the condescending 'answers' left here have been little more than unmitigated attacks on her.

On the other hand, it's good that people are pointing out the possible implications of taking out unaffordable credit - some of them could do it in a less rude manner tho! :eek:
    My children are everything to me, and so what if i wanted a lovley day for my kids....... they really do deserve it.

Sounds like you've had a horrible time of it. As others have said, time with someone who loves them is probably the best gift you can give them this year - some peace and stability :)
  • Also thanks to everyone who have gave me useful and excellent advice, its very much appreciated
  • tamarto
    tamarto Posts: 832 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2009 at 11:37AM
    Thank you for your words, is exactly how i feel but thought i wouldnt bother wasting my time!! Yes me and my children have had a terrible year from being homeless for six months to me having to get a interdict out on their idiot Dad as he was threatening me with violence. My children are everything to me, and so what if i wanted a lovley day for my kids....... they really do deserve it.

Do they also deserve the crap times after when you are struggling to pay for that one nice day?

You have have a lovely day with your kids without spending lots, why does money always have to equal happy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure