MoneySaving Poll: Are you going to vote in this year’s General Election?

2»

Comments

• I am amazed at how few have bothered to register to vote by post.

It's dead easy and you get your ballot papers in advance so get a chance to look up all their names online and check out what they stand for etc.

A far better way to do it I think and so much easier.

Who wants to go out and vote if it's a cold or rainy day?! You can post it back when it suits you - as long as it's by the date requested by them!

Go on please - we need everyone to vote to avoid another corrupt coalition and to have the terrible conservatives with UKIP would be the biggest disaster as UKIP are just like the con's and both would also bring back hunting, which I'm dead against - so please for me, vote by post at least :)

/QUOTE
    My neighbour has been trying to bully me into voting by post but without any success. I do actually like the occasion and drama of voting in person with the tellers clamoring for your id number when you come out. Also, sometimes I don't actually make up my mind until the very last minute. I like to see just how much the candidates want it. Sending back an envelope just doesn't have the same buzz.
    Agree on the hunting ban though.
  • I'm unsure. I have a strong idea of who I'd be inclined to vote for but whether I'll bother on the day or not, I don't know. It depends on how sick I get of the campaigns.

People died for our freedom. That includes the right not to do anything we don't want to do (within reason) and voting should remain under that bracket.

It seems we'll have to wait at least another 5 years for the "None of the above" option sadly.
  • I have always voted and always will - personally I like the ritual of going to the polling station and voting in person, but I can understand why many people like the convenience of postal votes. ...I just worry that I would find the thing in the bottom of my handbag a week after polling day...
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Will people who "don't bother" to vote come and "bother" to say so in this poll?

I vont be bothering to vote, no point where I live and no incentive to do so.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will vote, even though the MPs from my country only represent 4% of the overall power at Westminster.
    The 84% will decide what party is in power.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Is anyone lowering taxes? If so... maybe :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure