Comments

• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Wish I could help in some way Helen, what a situation to be in:(

Take care of yourself X
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Helen, I hope avatar pulls through, at least the driver was kind enough to let you know what had happened.

Sod the money, pets are family, or that's what I keep telling myself with each sharp intake of breath, when each vet bill gets presented.

Andrea (2 dogs) x
    ]Mortgage 1. At start £46,000, may 1996 jan 11 £27363.58 :mad: Dec 11 £25,289.00 December 12 £21,882.68
    june 2013, £[STRIKE]18,948 18,182[/STRIKE][/ September 13. Funds available to clear the darn thing! Yay! :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hope there's good news soon, poor little puss :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • nattypants
    I know you'll still be at work H, but just checking back in - I've been thinking about you today X
  • toerag33
    toerag33 Posts: 160 Forumite
    I'm de-lurking as we hope things go well for all of you. We understand as almost lost both our dogs last year. The cost became insignificant compared to them not being here. One girl has fully recovered and the other is living with a poor prognosis for the future but no problems at the moment.
    Thinking of you and yours. x
  • Not sure what to say, but thoughts with you.
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Me too HDK.

Our stupid cat used to sit in the middle of the road and refused to move, and got hit one day by police responding to an emergency call. My little sister was devastated for months. So I know what you mean. Hope it all works out xx
  • HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thanks everyone for all your kind posts, its been a very long day.

Dave rang but they were still doing their rounds and was a very tense morning till they finally rang at 11ish. I kept thinking if he dies it would have been in the car but then next thought was his bloody nose and wheezing. Plus the fact he just lay with his head on my arm all the way there, with the occasional whimper. Can't believe I was stuck at work, if I'd have been doing anything else I'd have put emergency leave in.

He was in an oxygenated cage with a drip overnight. Thank goodness he made it through, they want to keep him in just to observe him but I told Dave to bring him home unless they were actually doing anything with him. Dave said you could tell he was pleased to see them. He's home but sleeping, he has had a few specially treat biscuits and has had an unwitnessed wee on the litter tray. He's currently sleeping in the utility on dd2 fleece blanket (his favourite). I went in as soon as I got home and he lifted his head for a stroke but is now asleep again. Tiger has sniffed him and then nicked the posh biscuits.

Desperately want to give him a cuddle but he clearly needs to sleep and is probably feeling very sorry for himself. He has tablets which he ate with the treat biscuits (thank goodness as didn't fancy the usual tablet taking fiasco)

I am really grateful the man told us and despite my MS ways, he is definitely worth every penny.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • nattypants
    edited 25 August 2013 at 10:09PM
    What a relief Helen - eating his treats and lifting his head to see you can only be a good sign. I take it there are no broken bones or internal injuries?
    I agree with you, where pets are concerned, I wouldn't give money a second thought and bless the man for being so caring X

I'm sure you'll see further improvement tomorrow morning. Now, try to get a good nights sleep XoX
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    That's so good to hear.

I agree with NP, hope you get a good relaxing sleep after the stress.

Cal x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport