Comments

• tannybabe01
    Options
    Hi there please could anyone know what the yes card can be used for -x-
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends on what your looking for, they have an online catalogue that you order items from but their prices are way more expensive and you have to wait some time for them once delivered, they are a very very expensive catalogue type service. Better trying to get one fro jd Williams or Very.

Avoid the yes card

John
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judging by their website, it isn't a credit card as most people would understand it. I would think the 'card' aspect is more of a marketing ploy. It looks more like a very expensive Littlewoods catalogue to me. I notice they accept Visa and MasterCard as a method payment!

If you cannot get credit elsewhere I guess this may be a site of use to you but equally, you need to ask whether you can afford the item you want to buy..
  • darkside_2
    Options
    Does anyone have a number for yes credit card, i was in the process of signing up though stopped & closed my application just after entering my bank details, unfortunately too late as they applied to take the £29.95 from my bank account...there wasn't enough money in thankfully but they have stated they will apply again in next day or so. I now want to contact them to cancel as can only cancel on their side not via my bank but cant find a number only an email address, i have sent an email, would prefer to speak to someone though.

Thanks
  • Sophia_sadik
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • andriach
    Options
    This people are not well. Received an email for a yes card. With £2500 credit. I thought why not, it sounds like a catalogue. So I joined and made an order. Guess what? You know when ordering from a catalogue you pay a part of more at a certain time of the month, well for two tiny items yes card wanted an mediately payment of £163 for shipping apparently. If you dont pay the shipping fee, whatever amount they decide up front you get nothing. So whats the point of having the £2500 credit then? They think that people are completely stupid? Where is it coming from north pole? Seriously two tiny items, imagine if you order furniture. Day light robbery. Cancelled amount immediately.
  • Russ_55
    Options
    Opened a Yes account to see what it was all about but they didnt take any money from my debit card as I made sure there was no money in the account to be taken.
    I had a look and it seems they charge shipping fees for everything an example of this was an I Pad Air £498. This item can be bought for max £330 and they wanted £189 in shipping fees, my god what were they sending a whole computer network.
    I have now cancelled the account with no cost to myself my advice is to give these shisters a wide berth.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2015 at 8:43PM
    Options
    Hi there,
    As someone currently in a debt management plan I can't get credit from conventional lenders, however I've built up a £1000 debt with Quick Quid. It will take me a few months to pay off the debt with the interest they charge so I'm wondering if the Yes Card credit card would be a good idea?

https://www.theyescard.co.uk

It claims to be a no credit check card with 100% acceptance and up to £2500 credit, the downside is the £30 application fee and the £15 month fee to use as well as a 15%APR rate. It would be slightly easier if I could transfer my debt to this card, but I don't know what the reputation of this company is?

Has anyone else had any dealings or information on this company?

So you have a DMP and you are proposing to take on more debt and not only that but debt which incurs high fees. I'm not really surprised about that because I know that for some people any reasonable advice flies over their head.

Yes is a spin on a shopping site which has instant credit. Take a look at JD Williams or Freemans instead which is much the same thing. Also have a look at Vanquis and realise that in your case a £250 credit limit is generous: I would guess that your credit report is shot to pieces and full of holes and the sooner you start rebuilding it the better.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    So you have a DMP and you are proposing to take on more debt and not only that but debt which incurs high fees. I'm not really surprised about that because I know that for some people any reasonable advice flies over their head.

Yes is a spin on a shopping site which has instant credit. Take a look at JD Williams or Freemans instead which is much the same thing. Also have a look at Vanquis and realise that in your case a £250 credit limit is generous: I would guess that your credit report is shot to pieces and full of holes and the sooner you start rebuilding it the better.

Poster hasn't been back since 10th July 2014, so your works will probably fall on deaf ears.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Poster hasn't been back since 10th July 2014, so your works will probably fall on deaf ears.

Someone will read it, hopefully in a similar situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure