Podcasts

Apologies that this is in the music forum, but it's the closest I could find.

I listen to the Frank Skinner Absolute radio show as a podcast, and I've just finished listening to all of the old Peacock and Gamble podcasts but I'm struggling to find anything else similar.

What audio podcasts would people recommend - I'd prefer something with people just chatting, nothing that I have to work to concentrate on, and I prefer UK to American.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Danny Baker on bbc 5live
  • cdam
    cdam Posts: 358 Forumite
    BBC
    Infinite Monkey Puzzle
    Fighting Talk
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love AnswerMeThis and Pappys Bangers and Mash. Pappys Flatshare slamdown is also good fun in a kind of panel show format. Similar to the Frank Skinner podcast are things like the Rhod Gilbert and Josh Widdicombe podcasts as they are also taken from their radio shows.

Other ones I enjoy are Do the right thing (also panel show), the BBC comedy of the week and Friday night comedy podcasts. Also Richard Herring Leicester Square podcasts and the old XFM Adam and Joe podcasts. Can you tell I love podcasts? I have just started listening to the Crackanory ones too which I really like but do have to concentrate on!
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    cdam wrote: »
    BBC
    Infinite Monkey Puzzle
    Fighting Talk

presume you meant "infinite monkey cage" ?

If you enjoy QI , you may also like "No such thing as a fish" presented by the QI elves/researchers
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2014 at 1:12PM
    Thank you!

I've just discovered more Peacock and Gamble on Soundcloud from their Fubar radio show (but should definitely come with an adult content warning)
  • I'm a big fan of Podcasts and they have broadened my mind in a number of areas, love comedy and discussion based ones. I know you said you prefer UK rather than American but there a few I would completely recommend.

Radiolab from WNYC - brilliantly produced and fascinating subjects

NPR: Ted Radio hour podcast - see above !

Common sense with Dan Carlin - the best podcaster in my opinion

Hardcore History - Dan Carlin - Epic 4 hour episodes on history (makes boring history lessons a thing of the past !)

If you're a bit more open minded it's worth checking out :

The Joe Rogan Experience

London Real

The Doug Stanhope Podcast

Always looking for recommendations myself
  • SueMaggie
    SueMaggie Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Reviews (aka Wittertainment)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/kermode
  • Definately agree with the recommendation for 'Kermode and Mayo's Film Reviews'

If you like that then try the 'Empire podcast'.

'Answer me this' is good fun, but takes a while to get used to the echoy voice of Martin the sound man.

Also try 'No such thing as a fish', its half an hour of fun/interesting facts from the QI Elves.
  • Comyface
    Comyface Posts: 669 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    tyllwyd wrote: »
    Apologies that this is in the music forum, but it's the closest I could find.

I listen to the Frank Skinner Absolute radio show as a podcast, and I've just finished listening to all of the old Peacock and Gamble podcasts but I'm struggling to find anything else similar.

What audio podcasts would people recommend - I'd prefer something with people just chatting, nothing that I have to work to concentrate on, and I prefer UK to American.

I also love Frank Skinner's podcast, laugh out loud every week (which I don't even mind doing on the train!).

Other ones I like are:
    Rhod Gilbert's BBC Wales Saturday show podcast (although, sorry Rhod, I prefer it when Korky and Eggsy stand in for Rhod on his hols, they're hilarious!)
    The BBC Radio 4 Friday night comedy podcast - The Now Show with Punt & Dennis and The News Quiz with Sandi Toksvig.

Thanks to others who have replied, there's a few there that I'll be looking into :)
    Are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? :cool:
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    I used to enjoy the Wogan podcasts when he had his daily show, I have about 100 of them.
    There is a pocast of his weeked show available for the last 4 weeks
    here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family