Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• Hope you had a good day yesterday Mrs Ryan & well done to all the people that have lost.

Still off the grid menu wise - I will learn to prepare an on line shop before I go away as weekends away really seem to throw me.

Can I ask the target members a question - how do you keep the momentum up as you get closer to target?

I've only got about 11 lbs to go & I'm finding it a struggle to resist the food that previously I could easily walk away from. I've thought about this and think its down to the fact that now I can buy nice clothes as well as people telling me how good I look (ain't I modest?) - so how did you keep the momentum up so that you reached target. I think I would be genuinely happy if I stayed where I am weight wise but know that I'm not happy not losing - if that makes any sense at all.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Hope you had a good day yesterday Mrs Ryan & well done to all the people that have lost.

Still off the grid menu wise - I will learn to prepare an on line shop before I go away as weekends away really seem to throw me.

Can I ask the target members a question - how do you keep the momentum up as you get closer to target?

I've only got about 11 lbs to go & I'm finding it a struggle to resist the food that previously I could easily walk away from. I've thought about this and think its down to the fact that now I can buy nice clothes as well as people telling me how good I look (ain't I modest?) - so how did you keep the momentum up so that you reached target. I think I would be genuinely happy if I stayed where I am weight wise but know that I'm not happy not losing - if that makes any sense at all.

You could try rewarding yourself.... no new clothes until you hit target?
  • You could try rewarding yourself.... no new clothes until you hit target?

Every 1/2 stone I've lost I've always bought myself something that I wouldn't necessarily buy otherwise as a little reward.

As for no new clothes, I'm generally still wearing the same clothes I wore when I was 4 st heavier - so much so even hubby has threatened to throw all my clothes out so I would be forced to buy some that fit rather than look like coloured sacks on me.

Perhaps for reaching my target I need a really big treat but I'm not sure what I could afford!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Afternoon all. Well done to all that have lost.

I'm having a lazy not quite to plan day today as I've now ended up with a cough, as my immune system is pretty naff. I really have no choice but to rest :(
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Every 1/2 stone I've lost I've always bought myself something that I wouldn't necessarily buy otherwise as a little reward.

As for no new clothes, I'm generally still wearing the same clothes I wore when I was 4 st heavier - so much so even hubby has threatened to throw all my clothes out so I would be forced to buy some that fit rather than look like coloured sacks on me.

Perhaps for reaching my target I need a really big treat but I'm not sure what I could afford!

There are some lovely diamond rings....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    I'm planning on a SP day today. aoming for 3 this week....

Brunch- ham and cheese (a) toastie (b) with beetroot and pickle (1)
    a apple and 2 satsumas

Dinner - bacon, egg, beans, tinned tomatoes,onions, mushrooms 1 hash brown (3)

2 hifi bars (b)

hoping thats SP suitable... its my first try for years and I am still sussing it all out!

That looks a good SP day. Just make sure you measure the pickle as a dollop is definitely more than a Tbs:rotfl:.

Denise
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hope you had a good day yesterday Mrs Ryan & well done to all the people that have lost.

I think the best advice I can give you is to go back to basics. I suspect there are a few tweaks or a few syns creeping in! I actually stuck to plan completely to get to target and now am much more relaxed about it usually but still stick to 105 syns a week, rather than 15 syns a day.

I'm actually out of target by 1.5lb so am definitely sticking to plan better than usual to get back into target range.

Have another holiday coming up in January for a month so would love to get to bottom end of target range before new year but will struggle with that with Christmas in the middle!

Denise
  • I managed to lose 1LB at class this morning. I pledged two again so fingers crossed that I can behave myself and then I'll be back in the middle of range.
    Having a curry for dinner with bns chips. Haven't had them before so quite looking forwards to them.
    Enjoy your weekend x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all:wave:
    Well done to those that have lost:T:T:T
    Here is Miss Piggy's tea:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: plus another 3 bits of chicken:o
    Been so looking forward to this all day, missed it last week with no cooker
    tea_001.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That’s great, lush, Midge and mary.

bubbs, you are making me hungry all over again!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport