PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Faraway hope your tum settles down soon!
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Hi & welcome to Monnagran and SquirrelSmal, you'll find us very mixed bunch on here but lots of useful stuff. For instance I now eat cold pizza for breakfast sometime, and Monnogran, a good addition to any CFO spice rack is Brown, Worcester sauce and Balsamic vinegar ;)

Yesterday's runner bean / tom meal was tasty, I added LO half tub of soft cheese in which made it nice & creamy

Then I think I made a big mistake, I ate my ripe fig off the tree. Oh and twwo slices of marmalade later

I spent the night in agony with my tum :(, still aching now so just having water only today, luckily I have some of the little bottles left over from last week's trip. Nothing wrong with tap water but drinking the small bottles is handy & clears out the fridge at least

Today so far is slumping about and feeling sorry for myself, can't even rustle up enough "go" to read a book

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow, looking on the bright side, no need to think about what to eat today

I hope that you feel better soon. It's horrible when you feel like that.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Oh dear. Being under the weather's horrid when you're on your own. Nobody to fetch/carry, nobody to care. Then that nagging thought at the back of your head that says "... what if I pass out .... am actually dying.... there's nobody to notice and call for help!..."

I'm sure you'll live - you've done so every day up until now... which is always a good sign :)
  • PasturesNew
    edited 18 July 2017 at 5:58PM
    Options
    Since I had that burger earlier, the taste still lingers (in a good way) and I've been fighting myself to not go and have another one.

Took a stroll to L1dl to get some fizzy pop :)
    Picked up a pack of digestives...not really sure why, except they're only 31p and I ate the last pack. I am not a buyer of biscuits, in the main - I'd bought the last pack specifically to make some mini cheesecakes with .... but scoffed all the biscuits before I'd got the get-up-and-go to make the cheesecakes :)

That happens a lot. I buy something intending to make something with the ingredient .... then scoff it alone just because it's there ... and I can :)

As I was in L1dl and down to my last portion of chips, I picked up another bag. They're still only selling 1.5Kg bags, not 1Kg bags - so I guess it's the end of that smaller pack. They really fill the freezer too much.... but I guess I'll have to just suck it up.

Choices are: stop eating chips, eat more chips, suck it up and live with the fact they're making the freezer full and lurk for weeks.

Big thunder storm warnings here and it just started thundering... so I might turn the PC off sometime in the next hour. I am in a lightning corridor with a lot of buildings often being hit!! Petrifies me it does....
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That happens a lot. I buy something intending to make something with the ingredient .... then scoff it alone just because it's there ... and I can :)
    That happens to me as well :). The last time was some particular chocolate to make a dessert and I ended up eating the lot that evening while watching tv...it cant be helped :)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    That happens to me as well :). The last time was some particular chocolate to make a dessert and I ended up eating the lot that evening while watching tv...it cant be helped :)

I guess it depends if you're a dark chocolate fan or no - and I am personally.

By now I've learnt one way round this is to just buy those dark chocolate chips (the healthy ones). They are quite strong-tasting. If I want a "chocolate fix" then I just throw a spoonful worth of them over something more "pudding" like at the end of a meal and that does the trick. But they aren't a form of chocolate I'd "eat on its own" iyswim - as it is quite strong-flavoured.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Storm is raging around me, rain is relentless/flooding the garden. I've ""packed" but no clothes, just bag, money, phone - and got my wellies by the door and the gates unlocked and door unlocked in case I get to be "... the rescued..."
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Good grief Pastures hope you're ok! Still sunny up north but it's forecast for later. I'm another who is terrified of storms ever since I was in a car that was struck by lightning with my Dad.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 July 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

I managed to accidently log myself out of MSE and being a numpty couldn't work out why I couldn't post or give thanks:o.

I felt a bit down this morning as it was my elder son's graduation in Cardiff today and I wasn't fit enough to go:mad:, but I got over myself and saw his moment of glory on the live stream:D. His partner, brother and Dad were all there so he wasn't alone and I'm especially proud as he won a year prize (we didn't know he was getting) for a piece of work he did to predict football results that is now being developed by the World Health Organisation to help predict infectious disease outbreaks!

I spent the afternoon in the garden with my nephew enjoying the sunshine, he had popped round help me dismantle my hose housing to check for a wasp's nest :eek:. It's been hosed out and sprayed with nest destroyer so fingers crossed! It's been scorching here (27C) so my nephew and I sat outside in the shade putting the world to rights while he scoffed ice cream cones and worked his way through my fruit bowl. He's 18, skinny as rake, 6ft 3 and perpetually hungry.

Food has been a bit sketchy today usual toast & fruit for breakfast and for lunch I decided to use up a "Mexican" instant rice pot which needed some feta & olives added to it to make it edible. It had been lurking in the cupboard since my younger son was at home as he used to buy them to take fishing, put it this way I won't be replacing it! Not sure about dinner yet probably baked cod and roasted veg.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    don't worry caronc, lots of folk are having problems at the moment. We are being given the new blue format, made to log in and then being put back on to the green format.

Ivyleaf on the Garden Fence thread has reported it.

Don't know what's going on at HQ.

Today I had a bowl of Fruit and Fibre for breakfast. Corned beef and salad and a nectarine and apple for lunch.
    Thankfully I absolutely love salad and am happy to eat it every day otherwise I would never get it because it doesn't last that long, even in the fridge.

Guess what! I found the remains of a bottle of cheap sherry in a forgotten cupboard so I had half a glass and felt quite sophisticated.

I am a very cheap date!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business