Beware - People's Postcode Lottery!

Options

Comments

• artbaron
    artbaron Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Options
    The outlay vs odds vs prizes structure of the Postcode lottery is terrible. Far, far better off playing Roulette.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had a £10 win approximately 5 weeks ago and then another last weekend... Hoping 3rd time lucky with a big one.....I won't hold my breath though.
  • newsonppl
    Options
    You are protected by you DD guarantee so you DO NOT NEED TO CANCEL DIRECTLY with People's Postcode Lottery. Just cancel the DD with your bank. They have no rights and you are not tied into a contract. They tell you that you have to cancel over the phone so they can try and talk you into staying, that's the kind of company they are. I dare a member of their staff to come on her and say otherwise because I know this to be fact.
  • Colin_M_Hollos
    Options
    Why are they letting advertise on itv the postcode lottery, when they get so many complaints?
    Regards
    Colin
  • chrissycnc
    Options
    I have been playing postcode lottery for 3 months now and won £10 surprisingly it was paid into my account within 5 days. Just thought i would post something positive as it gets a lot of negative comments on here.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    chrissycnc wrote: »
    I have been playing postcode lottery for 3 months now and won £10 surprisingly it was paid into my account within 5 days. Just thought i would post something positive as it gets a lot of negative comments on here.

How much did you have to invest over that three months to win £10?

Just curious. ;)
  • chrissycnc
    Options
    £20 in total that £10 gave me a free month play. :)
  • Tommok
    Tommok Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    My Mum has seemingly (I haven't seen the letter) got sent a letter saying she's won £825,000. She's pretty certain she has never registered so I assume this is a con/advertising hook to get her to register??
  • GreatBeyond
    GreatBeyond Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Just reading people saying this is a scam - it genuinely isn't my mum won £25,000 last year.

Like any other gambling things though people have to understand that they could play for 100 years and never win a penny, this doesn't make it a scam.

Play if you can afford to or want to, and you might get lucky otherwise ignore it!
  • Patricia_Marchand
    Options
    I encounter a problem with them as they charge my paypal account and cannot get my money back... so I checked them using the company check, there are many twists in the company as there is a postcode lottery ltd that was set up by a guy from Netherlands, the main company at the back is Novamedia bv from Netherlands, seems 50% goes to charity, but one woureld need to pick up various financial spreadsheets to see where the tricks are.
    Interesting enough the people postcode lottery company is not ltd. and guess the name of the main director... yes: Mr Smith (how original!).
    They are apparently regulated by the games industry but I phoned them and got nowhere because in fact they are not regulated, this means that once you have given them your money that is it.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback