Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!

Comments

• Hi every one,
    I can not see my previous comment I made about Be wiser, I paid a premium of £292.00 on 17th March 14, with in ten minutes I cancelled the policy, After all they made a refund of £262 today. They did not mention me any nonrefundable charges on the phone and they did not send me any paper work. when I asked them why they did not mention me these charges before the payment, the answer is this is the business ruling sir. If it is a business rule then its a very unjust rule and fso should take a notice.
    There business is to catch a fish like me, and get a commission from there victim to get released. Very unjust business. After all they are crooks, please please stay away from them.
  • My advice would be avoid this company.

They gave me a quote online for £397 for my van insurance, which I paid for in full. When my conformation email arrived this had changed to £523 and they had altered my online form from 0 no claims to 9 years. Luckily I printed off the screen copy of the original quote so was able to prove what I had entered.
    I phoned them to correct the mistake and was told that the person who dealt with it was at lunch and I would be called back. As has been pointed out by others, no call back. I tried again the next day and was told the same, this time I got the name of the person who was dealing with it and said that if I did not receive a call back I would come to the office in Andover and speak to them in person. This worked and I was called 10 mins later. I was then told that I had entered the wrong NCD on the online form. I said I had not and that I would be contacting the police as they had stolen money from my card and that I could prove this as I had printed the original quote with the 0 years NCD.
    Suddenly their attitude changed and they said the computer had made a mistake and the cost would be the original £397.

Be warned.
    So this is the proof that there business is based on cheating and lies.
  • Sponge wrote: »
    If I tell an insurance company I have 9 years no claims discount, in order to get a cheaper premium, is it not fraud? Would they not come down on me like a tonne of bricks?

What then is it when a broker does the same despite the client stating several times, verbally and in writing, that they have 0 and not 9 years NCD?

In an effort to limit my losses I have given them 10 days of my 14 day cooling off period to confirm my policy with the correct details. If they can't, I will cancel. I will also push them to provide a full refund as it they that have falsified my application.
    Every one has come to this forum , keep passing this massage to your relatives, friends, workmates and as many people as you can.
    Be Wise... don't go with "Be Wiser" Car Insurance!
  • Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You'd think an insurance broker would know the difference between having a 'no claims discount' and having had made no claims; but then to "mislead" underwriters in obtaining quotes?

I've been searching the internet and there are many such examples of "Be Wiser" adjusting people's applications like this, only to amend premiums and demand £££ weeks and sometimes months into the policy.

The customer is then stuck between a rock and a hard place - pay the increased premium (more than likely now more expensive than the alternatives were) or pay £££ to cancel.
  • Sponge
    Forumite
    Up until my most recent email to "Be Wiser" (that name is becoming increasingly frustrating), their responses have been within the stated 24hrs. Not any more.

I emailed them on the 28th asking for clarification of several points, namely confirmation they have accepted my proof of 'driving experience' (their words to describe what I have in place of no claims discount) - they are yet to reply.

I have emailed them again this morning (I like a paper-trail, something you don't get with telephone calls) and await their response.

If I haven't heard from them by tomorrow I'll be cancelling.

If the "Be Wiser" representative is reading this - tell your colleagues to pull their fingers out!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Sponge wrote: »
    .....If the "Be Wiser" representative is reading this - tell your colleagues to pull their fingers out!

Don't rely on this forum as a way of getting their attention.

The Rep's last activity here was on Feb 25th 2013

(Most people reading this thread wouldn't then pursue their interest in them!)
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Just a thought but it might also be worth complaining to the comparision website you bought this through (e.g. Go Compare) -this is where they get the majority of their business comes from. If you put 0 no claims in and clicked through to BW and that's changed then its bordering on the fraudulent, and the comparison site has to take some responsibility.

If we can get these clowns off the comparison sites its bye bye BeWiser.

(another tip - only use comparison sites to get an idea of prices - never buy through them, use a cashback site and get the commission yourself, also read the policy and don't go on price alone, and avoid anyone with a 'funky' name - e.g. BeWiser, 1stCentral))
  • Sponge
    Forumite
    I
    Quentin wrote: »
    Don't rely on this forum as a way of getting their attention.

The Rep's last activity here was on Feb 25th 2013

(Most people reading this thread wouldn't then pursue their interest in them!)

I'm not counting on anything from them. My tongue was firmly in my cheek. ;)

I'm going to keep the thread updated in the hope it helps other people considering this company.
  • Sponge
    Forumite
    I've just had a reply to this morning's email. I'd appreciate some feedback from the most learned members of MSE. Do you think this counts as full and final confirmation my policy is sorted and I won't get a shock in several weeks by them readjusting my premium? If they did, could I use this in my defence?
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Good Afternoon,[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thank you for your recent email.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We have attempted to contact you today however we were unsuccessful and we hope that you find the below response satisfactory.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We would like to apologise that you did not previously receive a reply to the below email.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We can advise that your policy is in order and your driving experience has been confirmed from the documentation forwarded by yourself.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thank you for your quick and efficient assistance in this matter.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Please do not hesitate to contact our offices should you have any further queries.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Kind Regards
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • I too am a victim of the NCB scandal that bewiser seem to be getting away with. I made numerous calls and emails after the initial online quote just to be constantly offered 'a better deal' i?!? a waste of my time and their own, the agents don't appear to have any actual knowledge of their own practices and one agent will tell you something completely diffrent to another.
    I ended up speaking to a manager (Ross) he seems to be the only one who knows his ar*e from his elbow and got things sorted for me and did exactly what he said he'd do. Happy it's all delt with but car insurance shouldn't be that difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure