Parcel Farce

I dont use forums so i dont know if im in the right place. If im not please copy and paste a link for a more suitable place for my question.

Parcel Force failed to deliver (not down to bad weather) on the day assigned by their online tracking service. Company who sold me the goods say compensation lies with PF, PF say they can only deal with sender. Lost a days work to wait in for delivery - i accept that, I ordered the goods knowing this.
I now need a second day off / not working, to wait for delivery today.
.. Who do / can I recover lost earnings or some kind of inconvenience compensation from someone?

Comments

• droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The first place to look would be the terms and conditions of the seller, and perhaps of PF themselves. I would be amazed if they don't at least make an attempt to minimise their exposure to claims like this. You say that the issue isn't down to weather - do you know what it was down to?

In any case, I would think a "consumer rights" section of the board would be more appropriate than this area which is mainly aimed at ideas and experiences in maximising earnings.

ETA: Perhaps in this area of the board: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 15 December 2017 at 12:12PM
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

However, I would think bad weather would be classed as an act of God, which is ruled out by most insurance companies.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've moved this to a more appropriate board.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 December 2017 at 1:35AM
    You have no contract with PF, so you can’t claim from them. The sender can claim back some or all the delivery costs depending on which service was paid for, and they should pass that on to you, but you can’t expect anything else unless your contract with them provided a guaranteed delivery date.

Why not just arrange to pick it up from the PF depot, instead of arranging a new delivery date and wasting a whole day waiting in?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why not just arrange to pick it up from the PF depot, instead of arranging a new delivery date and wasting a whole day waiting in?

Not everybody lives within easy reach of their local PF depot. For me, it’s a 50 mile round trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure