Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I haven't been to Butlins for years but, being nosey, I looked up the menus lush. They look very SW friendly indeed. It would be really easy to eat well from that. Sometimes the cereals are in those little variety boxes but I wouldn't bother with them if I were you. I'd take a slice of bread (hopefully wholemeal) and some cheese or ham or both and make yourself a sandwich for later in the day. ;)

Sorry to hear you gained denise. Keep plodding and all the good work will show in the end. :)

My morning was the complete opposite.:D

I lost 2lbs! Happy, happy, happy!:j That puts me back in target range and back to the weight I was before my holiday in July:eek:. I'm delighted and it couldn't be better timing going into Christmas. I'm still going to have as much SW friendly food as I can but I'm back in control and can choose when I go to my next WI.

Talk was all about Christmas today and how it can be SW friendly and how it's important to get back on plan as soon as you can if you decide to go flexi syn. One great tip that I might not use at Christmas but definitely through the year. This was to roll pieces of LM Red Onion sausages into balls to use as stuffing balls. I stuff my turkey with a very basic herb and breadcrumb mixture that my mother always made so the family would be disappointed if that wasn't on the menu but for a Sunday roast I'll definitely use the tip.

I'm out tonight at a Christmas party with a set menu but I just checked and I've chosen fairly wisely except that there will be wine syns and I'm having a cheeseboard again as I'm not really into puddings.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onions, jalapenos and beetroot
    D: salmon starter, cod main, cheeseboard.
    Syns: probably too many but at least I'm back on 105 again!:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great loss Maman :j :j

I am totally stuffed.
    My lunch was fab.
    Enjoyed it :)

Not weighing in tonight as have a food bank meeting(phew :rotfl:) so a STS for me this week!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »

I am totally stuffed.
    My lunch was fab.

Not weighing in tonight as have a food bank meeting(phew :rotfl:) so a STS for me this week!

Thanks beanie , the plodding paid off! :D

Glad you enjoyed your lunch. Nothing worse than having syns that you don't enjoy. I'm looking forward to my cheese tonight. :)
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    +2.5lb for me so that loss last week has been cancelled out! I'm relatively fine with it though as I'm out so much at the moment so if I can maintain within a little bubble I've set myself than I shan't beat myself up.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all - 1lb :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Liking this :)
    Thanks, there are a few different looking online, will be ok with leggings wont it?
    You are no flipping good... I am writing cr*p anyway....so do i get a 14 or 16? and 20% off.... off for another look
    I had 18:eek:

I am totally stuffed.
    My lunch was fab.

Glad you enjoyed it:T:T

Well done Maman:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    What a rollercoaster of a week, congratulations on the losses, and hugs to everyone else. It is a difficult time of year.
    bubbs wrote: »

I had 18:eek:

Have you tried it on? I have seen you... either the dress is small sized or you like your clothes baggy!
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Your dinner sounds lovely maman

I managed to swop lunch with breakfast today I think

Breakfast: scrambled egg and toast (7 syns)
    Lunch: weetabix, banana (HEA and HEB)
    Dinner: cod, rice, asparagus and aubergine
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Quite a lot is down to being ill. The thing is, I don't think I look any thinner. I still look in the mirror and see the same really fat person looking back :(

At what point have people started to feel thinner, or look thinner to themselves?

That's incredible 4 dress sizes in a year tho. A few have noticed, not many though. I've got a photo from my hol on my phone from my biggest in July on my phone and look at that a few times as got a new one now after going ice skating the other day and could see it. Goodness knows what I'll look like from now though. Scary thought lol

Half way through as a group weight loss wise tho :) blooming fantastic :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • bubbs
    What a rollercoaster of a week, congratulations on the losses, and hugs to everyone else. It is a difficult time of year.

Have you tried it on? I have seen you... either the dress is small sized or you like your clothes baggy!

yes fits just right
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure