Make £10 a day May 2017 - everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• pretty_butterfly
    Options
    Kicking off with £12.50 nectar points - total £12.50
    MFW: Initial loan £80,000, overpayments: £13184.46, current balance -£59,564.73
  • angelicious
    angelicious Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend, weather was absolutely gorgeous here today, sadly I was working most of the weekend and am on this evening too, I'm still here but only a couple of hours to go thankfully. Only good point is money making from overtime. Total so far for May is £412!! so delighted with this, it's made up from £272.50 of overtime and £140 from a facebook sale so off to a flying start. Sale has really motivated me to push on and declutter the house so hopefully will smash my total this month, I'm nearly half way there already.

Hope you're all doing well
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't seem to copy the link for the cancer research FB page but it is called:

CRUK good as new sale
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did some overtime yesterday. £48 (after tax etc) to start the challenge!

Lx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done everyone who has made a start especially you, angelicious:T:j:beer:

Did a car boot sale yesterday, part of a Mayday Fun Day which attracted lots of families and people who probably wouldn't normally go to car boots;). Made £131 after fees and just wish I'd had better stuff to sell as the sale was heaving. Another plus, I won a prize in the raffle, a voucher for a free cut and blowdry at a local-ish hairdresser:j. Couldn't have gone to a better recipient, I look like the Dulux dog at the moment:o. I've been to that hairdresser before (when I could actually afford to treat myself:o) and it's very good but expensive. Not sure how much to add for this or whether it's allowed as I wouldn't dream of paying whatever it costs myself. Any advice please, Aesop and Lynne?

I hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday. Here's to a great May for us all:beer:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice amount earnt CBC!! You amaze me with all your car boots. Surely your supplies are running low?:rotfl: I have to really get sorted and up in my loft for one big carboot. Could do with it before my holiday to boost spends but I hate dragging it down from the loft and sorting it all.

£5.95 tips to add...:D....bit of a slow start to the month for me.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2017 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Nice amount earnt CBC!! You amaze me with all your car boots. Surely your supplies are running low?:rotfl:

Yes, the saleable stuff has long gone, I'm down to the real tat:(. I don't think there'll be many sales after this season.

All the stuff is the result of a lifetime of hoarding, both me and OH:o. We're both retired so that's a lot of years in which we gathered clutter. Plus there's the addition of similar hoards from deceased parents and other family members:eek:. We're all of generations that didn't discard anything 'just in case'. I'm not talking antiques or valuables passed down through the families, it's just random stuff kept in case it might come in handy one day:o. Living in a very rural location it's always advisable to have everything to hand in case an emergency strikes, no possibility of dashing off to a nearby supplier or calling a 'man' in in a hurry:(. Problem is, though, that when we have an emergency like a burst pipe spouting water all over the house OH can't find the necessary bits and bobs he needs to make a repair:mad:

Luckily we've a huge garden, 6 sheds (plenty of spaces to hide stuff;)) and a massive garage that we can now, at long last, actually squeeze a car into:rotfl:. We don't live like the people on those hoarding programmes on TV, at least the house is reasonably clutter-free (or at least out of sight out of mind;))
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made £131 after fees and just wish I'd had better stuff to sell as the sale was heaving. Another plus, I won a prize in the raffle, a voucher for a free cut and blowdry at a local-ish hairdresser:j.

WELL DONE!! :beer::j:T:rotfl:

and great news on carboot. you do so well. I hope your house is becoming a little less full, you are doing really well selling bits and bobs.

yes definitely include this, I would say £25 as that's how much mine costs but maybe see how much they charge?

I been winning a few prizes, 2 tickets to cricket, a game for DS' DS! a board game, waiting for it to arrive.

Love winning stuff.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please could you put me down for £10 a day .Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    WELL DONE!! :beer::j:T:rotfl:

and great news on carboot. you do so well. I hope your house is becoming a little less full, you are doing really well selling bits and bobs.

yes definitely include this, I would say £25 as that's how much mine costs but maybe see how much they charge?

I been winning a few prizes, 2 tickets to cricket, a game for DS' DS! a board game, waiting for it to arrive.

Love winning stuff.

Thank you:T

Well done on your wins:beer:. I hope DS enjoys his game, it's lovely winning things that we can give to others isn't it? I love winning stuff too but have been very lax in entering competitions this year:o. Really must make more of an effort. The only ones I seem to have had any success with are raffles but I don't see many of them and can't afford to buy many tickets when I do see them:o. The one I won the hairdo on was just one ticket bought for 50p:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure