connell group ppi

Hi I am new on here so bear with me please.
On Thursday I submitted a claim for mis-sold PPI through Connels group and this morning I have received a letter stating
"As a significant period of time has now elapsed since the date of the sale, this business no longer holds any records relating to the sale or other relevant documents.
As the events that you are complaining about occured before insurance sales were formally regulated we consider that this matter is statute time-barred and no investigation will therefore take place in respect of your complaint.
As such, in accordance with the rules of our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, this letter constitutes our final response to you.
As your complaint has been time-barred we do not consent to the financial ombudsman service investigating your complaint, however you can refer to their website for further information in respect of their views on the time-barring rules.

Basically are they correct ? the ppi was tied to my mortgage in April 1994 and finished in October 2005 I have all of the paperwork which they have been sent .

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,907
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Basically are they correct ?

Insurance was not regulated until January 2005. Banks have to consider earlier due to being party to earlier regulatory agreements. Most mortgage brokers were not party to earlier agreements and do not have to consider pre 2005 sales. The FOS will only consider post 2005 sales.

Your response is as expected from an estate agent and correct.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure