Reclaim Natwest Packaged Account Fees

We opened an Advantage Premier account with Natwest to get a mortgage in 2002 and converted it to a non fee paying account some years later (can't remember when). Unfortunately we do not have any statements and the bank say they can't go back any further than 10 years without a court order. Has anyone successfully claimed this far back without statements? Want to go via Resolver

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,908
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Dont use Resolver. Write straight to the bank complaints team giving your complaint reasons in a bullet point form. A couple of sentences and it is job done.

you do not need statements to make a complaint. That is just what poor quality guides tell you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Don't worry I was in the same situation with Natwest. I had some records that said we had an Advantage Gold account in 2006. I used Resolver sent the letter last week and about 1/2 hr ago have just been told we will be getting a refund of £2250. You cannot believe how happy I am. Turns out we had the account from 2002 to 2013. We had been told we needed it to get the overdraft facility we required. Yippee
  • I used resolver for accounts dating back to 1997 and have just received £4090.00 !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure