Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AG47 wrote: »
    but how do I report it to dvla?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I hope the ops isn't the clone.
    If the OP's was the clone they would not be getting the tickets.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    cajef wrote: »
    If the OP's was the clone they would not be getting the tickets.

If the dvla have them down as the registered keeper they would.
  • The subtle differences between the vehicles should be enough to get you off the ticket, though it might be that you have to appeal to the traffic penalty tribunal should the council not agree with your argument.

In your letter of claim to the council I would clearly sat out that you will be taking the appeal to the tribunal if they refuse your appeal, going to further appeal will mean a lot more work for them.
  • vikingaero wrote: »
    Dealers can make mistake with numberplates. Your car might have a numberplate ending in ABC, and the dealer may have put the same plates on the other car which should have had a plate ending in ABD.

Rather a coincidence that its the same make, model and colour, dont you think?
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rather a coincidence that its the same make, model and colour, dont you think?

Why? The DVLA allocate batches of numbers to dealers at busy times (March/Sept changeovers). If you are a Ford dealer you could easily register 5 white Fiestas with consecutive plates.
    The man without a signature.
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    surprising it hasnt flagged up before with MOTs , insurance data bases etc all now talking to one another.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If the dvla have them down as the registered keeper they would.
    Why would you clone a car then put yourself down as a registered keeper :rotfl:
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    So I got another 2 red letters for parking violations this morning, both from back in May. Same place same time in the morning. Whoever this guy is, he knows he can park illegally and get away with.

I have lots of pictures of the cloned car, that the traffic warden took. I am putting them in a file together with pictures of my real car.

It's like playing spot the difference.

So I first rand 101 and they took my number, gave me a reference number which is not a crime reference number, and said somebody will call me back. Nobody has called and I have had no missed calls, my phone is on 24/7.

I also tried ringing dvla, they said it has to be in writing, so I wrote to one dept of the dvla informing them of the clone, and another debt I sent off my v5 requesting a change of registration. Apparently you have to have had so many violations in a week to qualify for new registration number, and I am easily getting that many.

The last ones I had were from early May, it took that long for them to write to me saying I haven't paid my parking tickets.

I expect I will have a lot more red letters and violations from May up to now.

What else can I do if the police still don't get back to me?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    So I got another 2 red letters for parking violations this morning, both from back in May. Same place same time in the morning. Whoever this guy is, he knows he can park illegally and get away with.

I have lots of pictures of the cloned car, that the traffic warden took. I am putting them in a file together with pictures of my real car.

It's like playing spot the difference.

So I first rand 101 and they took my number, gave me a reference number which is not a crime reference number, and said somebody will call me back. Nobody has called and I have had no missed calls, my phone is on 24/7.

I also tried ringing dvla, they said it has to be in writing, so I wrote to one dept of the dvla informing them of the clone, and another debt I sent off my v5 requesting a change of registration. Apparently you have to have had so many violations in a week to qualify for new registration number, and I am easily getting that many.

The last ones I had were from early May, it took that long for them to write to me saying I haven't paid my parking tickets.

I expect I will have a lot more red letters and violations from May up to now.

What else can I do if the police still don't get back to me?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport