The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Well I think that most people are going to be sleep deprived today. I slept so fitfully. Partly because of the heat, and partly because my brain won't switch off. Then at 3.45 the birds singing started to annoy me and I had to put my teddy over my head!
    I am drinking lemon and ginger tea, as I ran out of fresh lemon.
    I will have to shop for fruit, salad and veg today.
    When I get to work I must see if I can work the air conditioning unit I was given a few years ago. Never had the need to before. It was one of those things that I said yes please too, but never had the need of before.
    I am still not feeling on top of the work or in control yet, although I did work non stop yesterday on the odd jobs etc.
    I have a teddy to make a tshirt for for some trip or other. I wasn't thrilled about that as I had said on Thursday no silly jobs etc. I am no longer surprised at staff! She is a law unto herself.
    Yesterday we had a very urgent dress that needed beads removed ready to work on, and she bluntly said she was too flustered to do it to start with, and that she would unpick something else first. She was also 15 minutes late to work and didn't apologise, although she then stayed till 4pm but I did catch her on the iPad at one stage, and said something about that, but she didn't take it as serious.
    The new seamstress has been found a flat, in Beaconsfield, so she will be traveling for an hour each way everyday. I hope that she can afford to stay with me.
    With the heat the shop was quite quiet yesterday and the takings were down to £87 I hope that it will pick back up as people need to collect their finished items, but we want more work to flow in too, to keep us busy.
    We can't seem to reach the magic £1.000 a week yet.
    My target is £1,200 which is a lot, but that's the projected figures I will need to start paying my wages as well as the staff.
    I need to work smarter and get the shop selling things to earn money and the workshop needs to be used more with paying lessons.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Errr. Not sure you need to work smarter but Staff most certainly does.
    You have more patience than me it has to be said.
    I loathe loathe loathe being taken for a fool.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't post very often....but I do read.

I would most definitely get rid of the backchatting member of staff that is losing you money. There must be other people that would need a few hours work in the area. I would get so angry, and say something that she would probably just up and leave! You are far too patient.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,835
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dogcat wrote: »
    I don't post very often....but I do read.

I would most definitely get rid of the backchatting member of staff that is losing you money. There must be other people that would need a few hours work in the area. I would get so angry, and say something that she would probably just up and leave! You are far too patient.

MOoloo

I do understand your reluctance to ask 'staff' to leave.

You live in a small town and people get to hear stuff, right or wrong. Staff and her husband have helped you out on numerous occasions at home and at the shop in a way that was a friendship rather than an employee.

Like you I would ride it out, not long now, you have a holiday and your seem stress is new and may not stay if she lives so far away.

Reiterate the ground rules, be firm with a smile and end in July with a friendship rather than as enemies.

Just my thoughts.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    ognum wrote: »
    MOoloo

I do understand your reluctance to ask 'staff' to leave.

You live in a small town and people get to hear stuff, right or wrong. Staff and her husband have helped you out on numerous occasions at home and at the shop in a way that was a friendship rather than an employee.

Like you I would ride it out, not long now, you have a holiday and your seem stress is new and may not stay if she lives so far away.

Reiterate the ground rules, be firm with a smile and end in July with a friendship rather than as enemies.

Just my thoughts.

As a latecomer to this I was unaware of the background.
    So I agree with this.
    Not that that excuses Staff being late.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,835
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    As a latecomer to this I was unaware of the background.
    So I agree with this.
    Not that that excuses Staff being late.

I agree, with the familiarity comes a loosening of the boundaries. It a difficult tightrope to walk between friendship and employee and takes a lot of skill.

Maybe Mooloo worth reflecting when 'staff' leaves the boundaries you will maintain between yourself and any new staff.
  • For those of us who are not on Facebook, could someone please show us a photograph of Mooloo in her Mother of the bride outfit P L E A S E

Candlelightx
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    For those of us who are not on Facebook, could someone please show us a photograph of Mooloo in her Mother of the bride outfit P L E A S E

Candlelightx

Think that is Mooloo's call :)

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    For those of us who are not on Facebook, could someone please show us a photograph of Mooloo in her Mother of the bride outfit P L E A S E

Candlelightx

Why should she? This an anonymous forum to an extent. Whereas Facebook is more personal and she can control who has access to her pages.

If Mooloo chooses to share a personal photo on here, that is entirely her choice.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I would but I don't remember how to get a picture up on here.
    I think I need it to be on a host site first.

I will bide my time, with staff, but at the moment I suppose I am just stressed out at the moment. I would rather stay friends.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure