Awarded tribunal judgement but still not paid

Hi,

Last year I was working for a company who I won't name, and after about 3 months they stopped paying me, claiming that 'funding had dried up'. I was constantly promised that the payment was coming this week, then the next for several months until I finally managed to find a new job and walked away from the company.

I then filed for a Tribunal for unpaid salary, and the company didn't even bother replying to the court so I was given a default judgement and the court said that the company now owes me almost £12,000. I have approached the company several times with this judgement and still only hear that they can't pay me at the moment but should be able to as soon as they start making money.

Fed up waiting for my money, I approached the local county court and they told me that I could enforce the judgement from the tribunal, but it would cost me around £100 altogether, and then I'm not guaranteed to get anything anyway. I don't want to just throw away my money but I obviously want what I'm owed at the same time.

Has anyone else been in this situation and could offer some advice? Thanks for any help

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    daniel7912 wrote: »
    Hi,

Last year I was working for a company who I won't name, and after about 3 months they stopped paying me, claiming that 'funding had dried up'. I was constantly promised that the payment was coming this week, then the next for several months until I finally managed to find a new job and walked away from the company.

I then filed for a Tribunal for unpaid salary, and the company didn't even bother replying to the court so I was given a default judgement and the court said that the company now owes me almost £12,000. I have approached the company several times with this judgement and still only hear that they can't pay me at the moment but should be able to as soon as they start making money.

Fed up waiting for my money, I approached the local county court and they told me that I could enforce the judgement from the tribunal, but it would cost me around £100 altogether, and then I'm not guaranteed to get anything anyway. I don't want to just throw away my money but I obviously want what I'm owed at the same time.

Has anyone else been in this situation and could offer some advice? Thanks for any help

HI

In England and Wales, there is now a fast track system you can use if you've been awarded compensation by the tribunal but your employer doesn't pay. Under this system, you can ask a High Court Enforcement Officer to act for you to collect the money.
    You can get more information about this from Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service online at: www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk. leaflet EX 727 expalins the process and cost
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure