Lloyds Bank PPI

Hi alll

I'm new to the forum under this login as I haven't used for a while and can't remember my previous one so hello to all and I hope someone can give me some advice.

I have recently had PPI claims paid out by Lloyds Bank. The first for PPI on a loan (money received) and the second for a packaged bank account (money also received).

I was surprised it was all so simple going through Reaolvwr.

My question is......

Having received the above payouts I decided to check if I had PPI on other products I had with Lloyds. Worth he first two I knew I had. However I have also had overdrafts and credit cards and bank charges etc with Lloyds and whilst I don't remember having PPI added I thought it was worth a go to see if they had applied anything I wasn't aware of.

I have had a letter back very quickly stating that PPI was not on the overdraft but have had the "we are looking into your claim and will respond by...." letters with regards to both the credit card and the actual bank account.

Do Lloyds generally respond straight off to say no if there was none and only send the "we are looking into it and will respond by....." letter if they know there is PPI on the accounts in question? I hope this makes sense!

I am asking for myself and my father who I have also completed claims for.

Thank you in advance for any help you knowledgeable people may be able to give me. :)

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    They will check all products you had now that you have complained about all of them.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Thanks. They didn't do this off their own back, I had to request they look at them all individually.
  • Lloyds Banking Group have never applied PPI to an overdraft so I wouldn't spend time chasing this.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,479 Forumite
    Lloyds Banking Group have never applied PPI to an overdraft so I wouldn't spend time chasing this.

You should try reading the post
    LeSquigh wrote: »
    I have had a letter back very quickly stating that PPI was not on the overdraft
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • mrskelly
    mrskelly Posts: 67 Forumite
    I've applied direct to Lloyds and received 2 letters back with questionnaires regarding 4 accounts.

I don't know any of the details they are asking as they were so long ago. Did anyone else receive these questionnaires and struggle with them?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It doesn't matter if others struggled.

If you don't know the answers, put that you don't know.
  • mrskelly
    Well yeah I know that. I just want to know if it effected the outcome.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mrskelly wrote: »
    Well yeah I know that. I just want to know if it effected the outcome.

A claim with no information is less likely to be successful than one with information.

Hope that helps.
  • mrskelly
    Thanks. It doesn't help when they don't give you the dates the loans were taken and it could be going back to early 90's.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    mrskelly wrote: »
    Thanks. It doesn't help when they don't give you the dates the loans were taken and it could be going back to early 90's.
    If you want to make a more informed complaint, you need to properly research first. You can do this by sending the Bank a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter which will provide all detail the Bank has kept on file for you. It will cost £10.

Do realise that, while this will certainly provide factual dates etc, it won't provide you with reasons for complaint. Your complaint reasons ideally need to be both valid and compelling. If you just say that you didn't know you had it for example (meaning you've forgotten), you are totally reliant upon the Bank finding other wrongs as part of their investigation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure