royal mail pension

hi i have a royal mail pension which i havent paid into since i changed jobs 5 yrs ago. I am currently paying into a dorset county council scheme and was wondering if i should put the royal mail money into the council one. Any ideas please??

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If the council one give you better terms than the royal mail for the transfer value then yes. If not, then no.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think you should ask the Council about this. It might be that both schemes participate in the "Public Sector Transfer Club". This means that the years you had in the Royal Mail will be converted into years in the Council scheme.

Worth asking!
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Unfortunatly public sector transfer club transfers have to be done within 12 months of joining the new employer

Andy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport