What's your Woolies going to be?

Comments

• rednose66
    rednose66 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Woolworths Albany Road Cardiff is to become a Home Bargains! Wooooohooooo! :)
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    richardw wrote: »
    Which decent store do you want in Lewisham?

Waterstones, (seeing as WHSmiths in Lewisham seems to have most of the books taken out now!) or other decent book store (that doesn't just sell £1 books or soley based on pop-reading), an HMV or other based music store, Clarks would be better if it were bigger (or had two stores), a Schuh (sp?!), or an Office, a Halfords type store, or bike shop, (pedal bike as oppose to motor bike!) a computer help based shop, a comet/currys/dixons type store, or just something more original- hand made clothes (or something just not as trashy, lycra or diamante based as whats in the lewisham shops at the moment).

Failing that (and this is more personal!) I wouldn't mind something that is more arts based, like an art store (London Graphics Center would be great!) or a Paperchase similar to the one at Tottenham Court Roads top/3rd floor paperchase. Or a proper sports shop (an knock down the other 4!) like an Asics store or Runners World Store. But thats just asking for trouble! I think the entire Lewisham town center would need to change before that would ever work! Also wouldn't turn down an H&M, Gap or even Zara but know that they would not work in Lewisham- they would be trashed within seconds...!)

I think what Lewisham actually need is somewhere kids can go after school that gets them off the street and away from the other stores which either seem to not allow them in, or only lets 2 at a time in, as much as I hate going to Lewisham because I don't want milkshake/coke/burger stuck to the underside of my shoes/to hear the continus beeping of security alarms, someone needs to help these kids out and give them somewhere to go thats a bit more monitored then JD sports.
  • tweatee
    tweatee Posts: 15 Forumite
    Woolies at Matlock Derbyshire is going to be Iceland opening August time.
  • BLUis
    BLUis Posts: 773 Forumite
    Burton on Trent is still empty, we have a poundland, a home bargains, poundstretcher, wilkos, primark a fairly decent iceland, tk max, argos, boots, etc etc. cant really see what ours will be!
    Married the absolute love of my life on Sunday May 6th and I couldnt be happier!!!
  • floydy
    floydy Posts: 499 Forumite
    woolies in middlesbrough is now called worth it (if memory serves me), looked similar stuff being sold, only briefly popped in out of interest.....hth
  • The Reading one is still closed, with no plans for future stores - yet!

Wonder what it will be - we already have a H&M, Primark and Iceland, all quite close by......

A 'Home Bargains' would be great, but doubt it, considering the nearest store to Reading at the minute is Bletchley, which is nearly 40 miles away!!

IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • Haven't heard any rumours about the King's Lynn one. We have an Iceland just round the corner. Primark didn't move into our old Littlewoods store when they had the chance and the Pound Shop expanded not so long ago.
  • Sarah_28
    Sarah_28 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Collier Row is now a Costcutter...
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    floydy wrote: »
    woolies in middlesbrough is now called worth it (if memory serves me), looked similar stuff being sold, only briefly popped in out of interest.....hth

Waremart i thought the signs said were opening there Easter Sat, there is one in Stockton too nxt to Debenhams
  • cazxx1
    cazxx1 Posts: 433 Forumite
    still empty in northfield and bromsgrove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills