PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th December 2017

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

I'm here and in - but working from my own list. Anyway, the LR got cleaned last Thursday and, apart from a pile of stuff on DH's side table and bits all over the floor trodden in by a friend of his when he came for a committee meeting that evening (which was cancelled because nobody else showed up), everything else is fine. I think I can safely delegate those two little jobs :D

Will let you know what I've been up to later. It will *not* be college work (except filing).

No chance whatsoever of us getting out today, except for a walk with Rosie, and I suspect that the concert we were looking forward to this evening will be cancelled because of the dangers of driving anywhere. My car is under 6" of snow and it's staying where it is. We are lucky to have food in :)
  • katiecat
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the lists -did follow most of it and house not too bad
    Cold but bright here and have made a start on list- going to move some of rubbish from hall. OH was doing it three weeks ago but its still there!
    Most of decorations up but nothing wrapped yet so may do a bit later on.
    Take care all if out and about.
    hugs katiecat x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Filing. Just the thing, Ionafan. Clears the decks.

Devil Cat is holding his own. As he wants to keep going we're dosing him up with pain relief as prescribed and as he hasn't given up yet, neither are we. The vet was really worried we weren't being humane, so I sent her film of him (thank God for digital cameras, email and the internet) being himself, with his tail up, talking to us. All of your *pain-free vibes* are working so thank you all so much.

Two lodgers decluttered, one of whom had to trundle her suitcase back and call a cab to take her to the station because she'd left a pile of stuff behind. She'd obviously put it on the side to pick up at the last minute and it included her glasses, so it's just as well I checked really soon after she left. She overpaid me so I've given her that money back and she's used it to take a cab. I like it when people overpay because it's not really about the money iyswim.

I had hoped to zoom into town before it got busy but OH decided he did want to go to his thing at 10.30 so I'm cracking on with all of the little jobs that are marked 'Quick and Easy' from the pile of things that need doing.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

:wave: I'm doing nothing :)

Please all keep safe and take care if you must go out in the snow
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for the lists. I'll be in later. Despite the snow, there was no school closure today. Heaven knows how the bus made it up the hills but it turned up and DD was duly on it. I got a lift into work with friend's husband as my car is still snowbound. i was a tad overdressed when I got in - no snow at all 10 miles away!

DH at home today....manflu has struck. Apparently a very severe strain.... Funnily enough I can't muster the sympathy that he thinks it deserves....

Catch you later x
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Options
    no snow here! yay!!!

Trip to shop for dinner.. cooked OH lunch as he is at work 4-close tonight.
    Iceland order done for delivery tomorrow so we can eat this week.. and maybe next.. I have a veg box and eggs being delivered next week and I will trot to butchers for meaty things too.. I think we are pretty much sorted other than the constant bread, cheese and milk we have to run out for.

2x WM

recycling needs to go out for bin day tomorrow
    DW needs doing too..
    I have 2 items to post.. which I completely forgot about when I just went to the shop.

I'm freezing today, just having one of those days when you cannot get warm. Twinkle has purchased a light up snowman which she is loving to death..she loves the dancing/singing/light up christmas bits.

More tea is needed so I shall venture to the kitchen.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's almost all the cards decluttered to their destination' Mr LW has just been and hand-delivered the ones for the neighbours in the close (wanna laugh? the lady in the bungalow opposite calls me the "Dog Lady"):D Just two more to go now; one for Mr LW's pal, we'll swing by his place next time we go shopping and pop it through his door, and one for Ronnie's owners, which I'll hand to them when they bring him for his holiday, on Saturday. I had a mad five minutes, and did them a special one with a picture of Ronnie with a little red hat, with the furry edge and pompom made from white tapestry wool. :D
    I still need to do an e-greeting to my regular guests' humans; that's on my to-do list for Thursday. :o

I'm not planning to do a heap more today, as we both worked our tails off yesterday cleaning; plan is to make a Shepherd Spy which will do tonight and tomorrow's dins; Mr LW can help with the veg prep. ;)

Must remember to put the green wheelie (garden and food waste) out tonight; it's not full, but there are some chicken bones in it, from Daisy's stay, which I want gone.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Just checking in. Yeah funny isnt it Pigpen, snow down South and not here up North! I am most definitely not complaining.

Anyone heard from Bossy lately, is she away?

Paid stuff number 1 done. LR dusted, hoovered and tidied around the decs. Sofas hoovered. DH has kindly filled the laundry basket so a load of washing in.

Its freezing in the house, heating on but it doesnt seem to be having much effect.

Right, paid stuff no. 2.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 December 2017 at 7:56PM
    Options
    How are those of you from up north coping with the temperatures -12 cant imagine what that feels like!

Today has been a bit of a wasted day - today/yesterday's decluttering....

1x charity shop bag (delivered this morning)
    2x black sack bags (hate this but it was rubbish stuff)
    1x wooden toy unit gifted on facebook
    1x black xmas tree gifted on facebook
    2x white shelves gifted on facebook
    glass bottles to bottle bank
    New unit bought and put up in DS' room - that room in completed
    More ironing that had dried overnight ironed and put away

UPDATE:
    Out of list of 26 items have only managed 6
    1. ironing
    2. Made one of those posh bows for front door, on ebay for £20+, I paid just under £6 and it looks beautiful
    3. Living room measured and details sent to carpet cleaner who is coming next Monday (note to self do not forget!)
    4. Damp sealant ordered for window ledge
    5. Unit up (thanks to DD) in DS' room
    6. Oops put measure living room carpet twice lol

Spent over an hour - organising hotmail inbox - deleting, putting stuff into folders, been meaning to do that for yonks!

teenagers cooking dinner so i must be rough today :rotfl:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Been in work this morning volunteering then lunch shift, just been out and hand delivered most of the local cards but it's very cold and slippy out so I've given up for today. I'll do the rest tomorrow.
    Going to do cooking for the weeks meals now so that it's all ready. Ironing pile is still clear and most of the deccys are now up.
    After I've cooked I've got a bit more wrapping and a couple of phone calls to make then I'll see what I can clear off the lists.

Hope everyone is as well as can be and manages to stay as safe and warm as possible. Hugs where needed.
    X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure