barclaycard goldfish plevin refund

Saltfish
Saltfish Posts: 11 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 1 December 2017 at 12:39PM in Reclaim bank & credit card charges
Hello - after 2 months Barclaycard have informed me that they have upheld Plevin complaint. They have said on the phone that they have awarded me £500. I haven't received it or any calculations yet. Assuming the undisclosed commission was just over 'fair', at say 60% -Does this sound right for the following :

Oct 2004 to oct 2008 :Goldfish card -balance fluctuated between £300 and £1100, but on average was £800.
Transferred to Barclaycard october 2008 - average balance £300 until PPI cancelled in may 2013.
PPI charges were around 10% of balance.

Does £500 refund sound in the ballpark for this? Do you think they will have included the earlier Goldfish card?

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi, I had a Goldfish card which had PPI but was not going to claim as did not know who to complain to...
    I was wondering did you send letter yourself or use Resolver?

Thank you:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Send the letter yourself.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It doesn't matter what you paid in PPI, Plevin is fr rejected complaints and goes on commission paid, not what you owed on your credit card.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Ok thanks I will, but Goldfish no longer exhist so who took over from them and reading on different threads there are mixed answers??? sorry so many questions
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Unicorn77 wrote: »
    Ok thanks I will, but Goldfish no longer exhist so who took over from them and reading on different threads there are mixed answers??? sorry so many questions

Potted history of Goldfish;

1996 Goldfish launched as a joint venture between British Gas (later Centrica) and HFC bank
    2000/1 Centrica dumped HFC and got into bed with Lloyds
    2003 Lloyds acquired the Goldfish brand and the assets of Goldfish Bank Limited
    2005 Lloyds sold Goldfish to Morgan Stanley, who later demerged their CC operations as Discover in 2007
    2008 Discover sold Goldfish to Barclaycard
  • My original complaint was by letter - that was rejected. Then I used resolver to claim for undisclosed commission after they wrote to me saying I may have grounds for complaint.
  • Thank you for your reply, will send letter today :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport