PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Ms_Topaz wrote: »
    Kirri, I think it took about 3 weeks. I tend to read while led in bed and cant sleep lol.

Out of the freezer sausages for toad in the hole, low fat sausages and yorkshire pudding as theyre lower fat too.

had to nip out to mr T and buy donuts as we are painting too, needed sugar rush

Low fat sausages and yorkies but need donuts for sugar rush??? Does that make sense??
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Bought 2 packs of Sainsbury's Taste The Difference diced wild venison for £7 last week and OH fished one out of the freezer already so we had venison curry for dinner tonight :rotfl: Very tasty and only one gristly bit in the whole pack.

ASDA used to do great venison burgers but my local store doesn't stock them now :(

A guy turned up to deliver a fridge at my front door today. He looked rather embarrassed when he realised he had entirely the wrong road ;)

Hope you're all well and stashing Christmas stuff in the freezer !
  • sharond101 wrote: »
    Low fat sausages and yorkies but need donuts for sugar rush??? Does that make sense??

lol well they were for me, the low fat for my dd and my oh is diabetic so he couldnt eat the donuts either, which all boils down to more for me:j
  • Hey Edwardia.

Kirri yes I did, they said that they were sending a sae to me so I could send the product back, not sure how that will go, it is partially cooked, Now in a sealed bag, it will soon rot lol. Not had the envelope yet.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It seems really strange to have been moved across to a new thread, must remember to save the search as I pull out or I may disappear, never to be seen again.
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Hope you're all well and stashing Christmas stuff in the freezer !

Edwardia:- not yet, I think someone posted that Mt T are doing 3 for 2 on dried fruit, anyone know if it's still going as I may do a trip there and stock up?

Edwardia:- funny you should mention Christmas, I've just taken out the last Turkey from 2012. It will take a couple of days to defrost and then I'll cook various casseroles, soups, pies to use it up and refreeze. I'm going to take part in a trial on bilateral hip replacements and weight loss so I need to be careful and turkey doesn't have that many calories, also it's a nice change from chicken or fish.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey Edwardia.

Kirri yes I did, they said that they were sending a sae to me so I could send the product back, not sure how that will go, it is partially cooked, Now in a sealed bag, it will soon rot lol. Not had the envelope yet.

The post offices have a new thing on checking what's in every package, some are giving a sheet to look through to make sure it's not on their banned list and some are asking what's in everything - like to see their face when you say a rotting part cooked dinner with maggot!
    Ms_Topaz wrote: »
    Kirri, I think it took about 3 weeks. I tend to read while led in bed and cant sleep lol.

Out of the freezer sausages for toad in the hole, low fat sausages and yorkshire pudding as theyre lower fat too.

had to nip out to mr T and buy donuts as we are painting too, needed sugar rush

3 weeks!! Sure the ramblings were enough to send you to sleep!

I am with you on the sugar rush, this painting is the most boring thing ever.

Not done any shopping, not used anything from the freezer, just been on tofu stir fries to use up the last of the summer allotment veg. Will have to start buying some in again soon :(

Zafiro - it's weird, it doesn't feel quite right to be on Part 2...
  • Rib of beef out if freezer for roast tonight. Currently have about 3/4 of my freezer empty. Bit concerned that I am now freezing air..this can't be very MSE?
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A not very nice hm veg curry out the freezer tonight I ruined this batch but am still having to eat it.. only another 3 portions left thankfully.

Just making some dough in the breadmaker - will make 2 loaves and 1 will go in the freezer.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Nothing in today and a bun and some rice out.

I haven't started for christmas yet, I will after I clear some space.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,901 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am still away visiting family. Mr F is at home and has taken some bits out of the freezer to use - spag bol + 2 x rice dishes.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 219/120
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £39.49/£100 NSD - 71
    2024 Craft Makes - 191 Craft Spends 2024 £243.05/£500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business