PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Comments

• sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    morning all, just had a phone call from my friend with the wool stall,
    king cole kwikknit aran, has been discontinued, yesterday he had 8 balls in a lovely red colour, and i was disapointed as i need 10 for the pattern i bought, it was on sale too, this morn he rang to tell me, he had found another 2 balls in the same shade and dye lot, and will save them for me til fri :j:j
    ptb, i have lots of unfinished items too, that need to be completed, just love knitting andf hate the sewing lol, i got 2 packs of the baby bamboo, hope it comes
    kathy, your family sound so lovely, especially summer, i love them at that age, when they are learnign everything new
    os, glad you have decided to join us again, how are you?
    isom, glad you can still laugh, despite your mum being ill, hope they find the cause soon, then she can make a full recovery, my thoughts and prayers are with you again today
    my update for last week
    7 6" squares for mrs twins
    hope everybody has a lovely day, despite the weather, its throwing it down again
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Morning all,
    Salome I would be v upset if that were me - some people just dont realise how long these things take do they :(
    dp pixie...dont worry mum has a sence of humor and we all had a giggle!
    Lovely to have you back orknet star and long may you stay :)
    Right must on...mum has a list all ready for me so need to find stuff, do a couple of chores and go there for 2! Will take the cardi with me today as got very little done yesterday!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    YAWN - Morning all, and welcome to PSSO`s mini auction.

Today I have on offer 1 gorgeous baby (according to his cyber aunties anyway)
    Little darling had his first jabs yesterday and his mummy came down at 4.30 to see if grandma would feed him and have him in her room for a while as he was very grizzly and grumpy. Duly fed and changed, tried giving him a dose of calpol to ease grizzles and aforesaid `little darling` promptly gagged and upchucked. Changed babygro and vest and tried again. Gagged again and upchucked all over grandma`s bed this time. :eek:
    Doesn`t bode well for future, does it ? (note to self – give medicine before feeding)

Went to put duvet cover etc in washing machine at 5am to discover kitchen had been used as a dog loo – more joy, cleaning up mess at silly o`clock not my idea of fun.:mad:

So, first offer of tuppence and old knife and you can have pukey babe and mucky dogs. Any takers ?????? :D

Would go and have a snooze but have to pick up the hooligan soon so will have a strong coffee instead, might manage forty winks later hopefully.

Have a good day and I`ll see you later.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Morning all

Wet here today, but on the bright side the bed at the bottom of the garden that we dug all the stuff out of is getting a real good soaking, that saves my water bill a bit ;)

OH has rung the hospital and MIL has been transferred to Solihull Hospital for her op, she will be returned to Heartlands later today, they have told him to ring back at 2.00 pm

Elaine - awwww what a gorgeous little Munchkin dont you just love them at that age, even if they do upchuck and stuff.;)
    chalky - Love the blue lappy. Yes DGS is shooting up runs me ragged when they come over, but I love every minute :D
    kathy - Summer sounds such a happy little soul, they all come along in their own little way dont they, DS2 was walking at 10 mths but still sounded like gobbldy-gook when he tried to talk, the only one who could understand him was DS1 who I had to ask to interpret every time he spoke :rotfl:O and thanks for the pattern link OH is printing it off for me as we speak.
    OrkneyS - glad you decided to come back, hope things are going well for you :)
    ISOM - you made me :rotfl:your Mum sounds lovely and despite all she has been through can still have a laugh at things ((hugs))x
    Salome - I sometimes wonder if non knitters realise how much time, effort and yes love goes into knitting for someone. Can we have a pic of the bolero when its done please, I for one would love to see it :)
    dpixie - hope you find someone else to move your boxes
    Sock knitter - ooo lucky you a friend with a wool shop:T
    PTB - O how kind of you to "rescue" all that wool....enjoy :D
    Shelley - thinking of you and your Mum

Started on a preemie cardi last night for a change, I felt like doing something small so got the stash out and sorted some little balls of wool out that need using up, found enough to do at least 3, so I'll carry on doing them this week.

Enjoy your days all
    Anne
    x
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 June 2010 at 12:17PM
    Hi Elaine - oh, yes please, chucking up and all! Hope he gets over the grumps, poor little thing. I do sympathise with you, too! I well remember episodes like that!

Pippa - they do all get to the same level eventually! My DS1 didn't walk until he was two years old but he talked really early (and hasn't stopped since - takes after his mother, according to my DH!) and he was reading the newspaper headlines at three. DS2 walked earlier but it was gobbledook for a while longer!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    aww thanks lovely people! Just back from a fairly quick visit with mum..going to have a snooze as I feel quite tired and grumpy so will miss cute baby today psso if thats ok :) Will have a quiet eve and do some of my baby cardi...they take me so long! Mum and I had a laugh again as she had a huge blackhead that I was dying to squeeze...no its mine says she...on no let me have it says I!! I tried in the end but had to let her finish as she said it was sore...meanie!! shes had a scan today and looks like a gallstone so she has told them that she will NOT leave until its sorted. Clearly feeling better which was a relief as I didnt have the energy for being assertive today but managed it yesterday - they best watch out when were both on top form. If the worst comes to the worst I'll set my brother on them but I save him for an emergency!!
    Ok off to snooze before washing and then knitting!
    hugs all!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great to hear from you, Orkney Star - please keep posting, we've missed you!

ISOM - thank goodness they've found the gall stone; let's hope it's sorted out soon.

I've been ironing today and it has taken ages - I really shouldn't leave it so long, but at least it's done now - well, until the next time!

Will be having a quiet evening crocheting I think - don't have much energy today, probably the shock of all that ironing!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    Elaine - thanks but i am just out of pennies and old knives - if i was awake at that time i would be chucking up too!

pippa - you are absolutely right about how much love goes into making all these things - it takes time, effort and love - thats why i mostly do charity stuff, they appreciate your efforts.

isom - i was going to suggest that it might be a gallstone. my MIL has just had one removed. she was very ill before, and being the "pirhana" that she is known as, she diagnosed it and told the doctor what the problem was, the cause and then left him to sort it out. she lost a stone while she was waiting for them to deal with the stone - all she ate was bananas and porridge with (red) milk and raisins - not much of a diet, but she was happier not chucking up all the time. any time she had anything with any oil/fat in it she was ill. anyway, glad problem is diagnosed, now they just need to deal with it.

have a lovely evening all, i am going to be working away on my laptop - wish i could be crocheting.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
  • shezmit
    shezmit Posts: 781 Forumite
    Thanks for your support over the last couple of weeks, i thought you might like to know more about what is happening with my mom and now she has told her story to the local papers

http://www.bromsgroveadvertiser.co.uk/news/8207316.Cancelled_op_mum_has_terminal_cancer/

Right i am off to knit some boobs x:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Knitting for premature babies and babies that are born to soon :T
    TOTAL: 4 SANDS BLANKET, 18 CROCHETED BLANKETS, 4 GOWNS, 2 SLEEPING BAG (PRIVATE REQUEST), 1 BIB, 8 BOOBS, 3 CARDIES, 9 VENTS, 3 KNITTED BLANKETS, 1 PAIR OF BOOTIES, 1 HAT,
  • dpixie
    dpixie Posts: 315 Forumite
    shez - once again, i am so sorry for both you and your family. however, having worked in the NHS for many years, my advice would be to sue them. unfortunately this is once of those times when getting nasty (if you can) will help deal with some of the pain - it wont improve the situation, but making sure people know where they have gone wrong does make one feel better.

dpixie
    1 oxfam jumper, 19 hexagon jumpers and 1 beanie!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport